Anyone else at AABB?

Mabel Adams

I just found out that there may be education money after all so I will look into going. Last year we met at the booth of one of the sponsors of this site during one of the TXPO lunches. Not too many people made it. There are competing needs once you get there. But it was great to meet some folks from BBT.

Count me in please!

Another Bostonian that should be in attendance :cool:

Kate: if you want help coordinating anything, please let me know

Hi Linda!, I've been in touch with Cliff, I was thinking of coordinating and picking a convenient venue, as we're locals!! There is no $$ to speak of, so it'll be pay-your-own-way. Let's kick around a few spots and maybe come to a consensus.

Thanks!! Kate

Bad news I afraid. The NHSBT will only allow me to go to meetings outside the UK if I am giving a lecture, presenting a poster or the organisers are paying the bulk of the fare. I did try. I sent in a lecture topic as Dianne Pruden suggested, but it was turned down.
Turned down?!? Some people's kids. :( I am hoping to attend in Boston, but I am still in negotiations.

1. Liz

2. Terri

3. Colleen

4. Julie

5. Jeanne

6. Aakupaku

7. Kate

8. Melanie

9. Linda

10. Mabel

11. Kashmira

12. Dianna

Just keeping count .... still have time.. October 2012!!:boogie::boogie:how exciting to finally meet :boogie:

As Kate mentioned, would you like us to find a place we can all have dinner? We could collect the money in advance on a per person cost and I'll pay the tip, alcohol (maybe:redface:) and anything we go over. We could have dinner Saturday or Sunday night after the Expo closes, that way there is no conflict with the lectures or Expo, and for those in a state where you aren't allowed to accept gifts (like us Massachusetts employees), this would be exempt from that for two reasons, 1. you're paying your own way and 2. I am not a vendor who provides you any services or products.

Would people be interested? If yes, I'll start a new post where people can let me know if they are coming and we can vote on different types of food. I'd need to collect the money ahead of time and make a reservation.

As Kate mentioned, would you like us to find a place we can all have dinner? We could collect the money in advance on a per person cost and I'll pay the tip, alcohol (maybe:redface:) and anything we go over. We could have dinner Saturday or Sunday night after the Expo closes, that way there is no conflict with the lectures or Expo, and for those in a state where you aren't allowed to accept gifts (like us Massachusetts employees), this would be exempt from that for two reasons, 1. you're paying your own way and 2. I am not a vendor who provides you any services or products.

Would people be interested? If yes, I'll start a new post where people can let me know if they are coming and we can vote on different types of food. I'd need to collect the money ahead of time and make a reservation.

I think this is a great idea.

...Would people be interested? If yes, I'll start a new post where people can let me know if they are coming and we can vote on different types of food. I'd need to collect the money ahead of time and make a reservation.

I'd say yes Cliff - sounds great!

Very good idea, Cliff.

Lets go for it. I am in.

Liz

I'll be there and would really like to meet you all - you've answered so many questions and it's nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with some of the "stuff" that goes on running a transfusion service. Hopefully Joanie Prine Lewis from Biorad will be there too - she's always fun.

hi Cliff, did you start a new post?

Sounds like fun. I will be arriving Sat., Sat night sounds good. I will be trying to spend time with my daughter (lives in Cambridge) but want to meet you guys. How about Union Oyster House or the North End.? Both are so Boston..

It will be interesting to see what Ortho has in store since the Rhogam is sold to Kedrion as of July 31st, I would think all of our contracts will be null and void that has Rhogam in them. Otherwise Briccos in the North End is superb Italian food.