Anyone else at AABB?

Mabel Adams

What we need for wherever we claim space for lunch is a sign (kind of like the wet floor signs) that we can erect saying something like "BBTalk--Face to Face." Not sure I can pack one in my suitcase. :) Any of our sponsoring vendors want to provide a sign? It could even have their name/logo on it, I assume. We might have a surprising response (there are a lot of "lurkers" on here) so we don't want to "clot up" the Hemobioscience booth for too long waiting for everyone. See you Sunday at noon!

• 2 weeks later...

It was good to put some faces with names. I also ran into other people that mentioned recognizing my name from BBT. The one thing just about everyone said was basically, "I want to meet Malcolm." So, you see, Malcolm, you were here in spirit at least. Someone said maybe we could get you a speaking gig at the next AABB meeting and then your employer would pay your way.

AABB is taking program proposals until Nov 18th for next year's meeting. What unique perspective can you speak on Malcolm that we should suggest you give a 90 minute presentation on? And would anyone really pay your way? OOh, new thought! Contact Susan Johnson at Blood Center of Wisconsin to get him on the Top Gun Serology platform! Anyone have connections with her or the others on that panel?

Malcom, here is the "official" form. I think it would be great if you could present!

I couldn't open it Dianna, but I'm sure I can get it off the internet.

What do I do? Do I fill it in myself and send it in (which seems very big-headed), or do I fill it in and send it to someone who then nominates me? If the latter, who?

I received an email from a friend/colleague who is on the AABB education committee with the following instruction. "I would like to ask you to take the opportunity to suggest programs and/or take the opportunity to present in one of the programs at the 2012 AABB Meeting."

So, in my mind, that means you can fill it out yourself and send it in and not be big-headed in the slightest! If you enter program proposal in the search field on the AABB website it is the first one that comes up.:D

Yes. I will have to find money to attend AABB 2012...I want to meet Malcolm...May be we will meet for dinner...all blood bank talk folks...

Cliff...where are you? May be we should have a booth next year?

Well, it's likely I'll be at most of AABB next year, I live in Massachusetts and work in Boston. I haven't been to the last couple, but had gone to about the 10 prior to that, it's always a great experience. I even gave a mini talk once back on the freezing of our heterologous adsorbing cells. It was my first AABB, I was terrified to talk, but there was almost no audience.

I'm not too sure about the booth though, that's probably pretty far outside of the site's budget (We don't actually have a budget :P).

We could consider a dinner for a smallish group though.

Well, it's likely I'll be at most of AABB next year, I live in Massachusetts and work in Boston. I haven't been to the last couple, but had gone to about the 10 prior to that, it's always a great experience. I even gave a mini talk once back on the freezing of our heterologous adsorbing cells. It was my first AABB, I was terrified to talk, but there was almost no audience.

I'm not too sure about the booth though, that's probably pretty far outside of the site's budget (We don't actually have a budget :P).

We could consider a dinner for a smallish group though.

A dutch treat dinner is a great idea! Cliff, since you are the resident, perhaps you could locate a venue for that?