Ortho Gel Biohit pipettes

Walter

When our MTS pipette died we went with a Biohit e-line e 300.  It is programmable (6 positions) so tailoring for your specific uses is possible.  Check out Wescott Laboratory Solutions.  They advertise here and customer service and recommendations have been great (The owner is a past blood banker, so he understands our needs).

We started using the Biohit e-line 300. Unfortunately they have only been in use for about 4 months and 2 of the 3 started having an error after dispensing or aspirating. So right now we are down to one functional pipette.  We use the programmed modes and the multi-d mode.

• 6 months later...

I have a question about the ID-Tipmaster, which I think is the old version of the Biohit.

The package insert says it is beneficial to clean and grease the plunger periodically. But it does not say how to do this or what material to use to grease it with. Does any one know?

Thanks!

I have a question about the ID-Tipmaster, which I think is the old version of the Biohit.

The package insert says it is beneficial to clean and grease the plunger periodically. But it does not say how to do this or what material to use to grease it with. Does any one know?

Thanks!

There is a cleaning kit available through Ortho for this. It has the grease for the plunger and some O-rings. Ask your Ortho rep.