Merry Christmas!!!

Liz

Mabel, A lot of us have children and grandchildern by now and as you correctly said: at this stage of our lives this is what really matters. So thats why we are all happy, especially during season time, because they are happy and we can spend time with them.

I hope people dont find me too obnoxious in this thread: But ''tis the season to be jolly, and to forgive the jolly....

I'll echo Malcolm, Mabel, congrats, and thank you Liz for brightening the morning. Mabel, the fun and joy you will have with your grandkids will be amazing. You will rediscover so many experiences you had years ago with your kids. And after babysitting for a weekend or trying to get them packed up for daycare on a work morning, you'll appreciate why people have kids in their 20s and 30s instead of their 60s!

Wow! Lucky you, Liz. To visit Vatican & Sistine Chapel and that too at Christmas time. Don't forget the pictures....would love to see them so as to visit these places, albeit through your pics.

Just read all the posts. oh so you may not be able to take pics in the sis chapel. What a shame - really commercialization is laying an embargo on simple pleasures.

But enjoy yourself and I wish you very happy Christmas holidays with your son.

Mabel, Congratulations on becoming a grand-parent for the first time. Grandchildren are the interest accrued for investing in children, hence enjoy the bounty.

Edited by aafrin
not read all posts.

Cliff, can we have a place for pictures. We can divide it into Fun pictures and work picture. Not that work isn't fun; or call it: At work and Off work.

Sure thing.

You can go here and click "Create New Album".

Let me know if it limits the size / number / type of pic you can upload and I'll adjust it for you.

I visited the Vatican in 1998 (do get a guide to avoid the crowds) and the picture, while amazing, doesn't do it justice. The city is a piece of art - everything you look at, touch, stand on is amazing. I would love to go back and what an opportunity you have - at Christmas no less! Have a blessed trip and enjoy.

Liz, we just returned from 2 weeks in France and a bit of Germany. We visited many cathedrals, museums and churches and were struck, not for the first time, at what a powerful, stabilizing force Christianity has been in Europe. For a millenium and a half, the church was pretty much the sole framework upon which society was built: education, government, the arts, economy, moral and spiritual guidance. It's a humbling experience, particularly for Americans with our comparitively short history, to stand in a church built in the 800s and think that people have been worshiping in it for over 1200 years. So to go to Rome, at Christmas, and be shown about by your son, should be an amazing experience. Have a wonderfult time.

Will be a quiet Christmas for me. Off on Christmas day, but working most of the days around it. No grandchildren yet (Thank God...LOL...my boys are still in their early 20s).

It's gotten very difficult to decorate at work, too many rules. We now can't have anything on the walls, windows, doors, floors, or ceilings. And nothing electric...kind of narrows it down to just decorating our refrigerators. That will probably be added to the list for next year. :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier in this thread I had mentioned our hospital's annual Christmas party for our clinic kids in a disadvantaged area of town. I just chatted with one of our lab couriers, who has played Santa for many years at the party. This year we had more than 700 kids and their parents. The kids all get to sit on Santa's lap, get a present, and eat cake, candy and ice cream. He enjoys his role despite the occasional wettings and kicks to the groin. Last year two brothers gave him a note asking for a few specific toys. He went out and spent $120 of his own money on the toys, and arranged with one of the social workers to have them dropped off at their house. It's a heartwarming story - until this year, when they gave him a much longer note asking for $700 worth of video game accessories and other toys. He's rethinking the precedent he set. I asked him if his boss lets him do the party all day long. He said he does his courier runs until the party starts, entertains the kids, then proceeds immediately to the bar when its over. Quite understandable.

Merry Christmas, and happy holidays, to all!

This year, as always, our hospital provided a holiday meal, gifts, and basic foods and household supplies for over 70 families in need. Talk about a good feeling! It is so sad that little kids ask Santa for sheets and blankets! Our lab is known as being extra generous, and we did an outstanding job this year.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:clap::clap: