Whole Blood Donors, can you help me out? For math class project... :D

mellla

Whole blood donors, please take this survey?

I'm doing a math project and need to survey several people. I couldn't get a hold of enough people and found this website thinking it's perfect, so please take a minute to help me out? Any help is appreciated! :)

If you do donate WHOLE blood (whole blood only for this experiment please because I have to keep certain variables under control) :

1. How many times on average do you donate whole blood per year?

2. How many years have you been donating blood?

3. How many hours do you spend at school (high school, college... etc...) and/or how many hours do you spend at your work PER WEEK?

Thank you!

I donate 3 times per year for 20 years and spend about 45-50 hrs at work per week.

Just a thought, if you have a blood bank that you can contact, they may be willing to put out a simple little questionnaire to their donors who could then respond to you directly via email.

Ha ha John. Most of us cannot afford to be retired like you!

Actually I'm still working 40hr per week and taking call 3 nights and every 4th weekend. The only thing I retired from the was the stress. But when I worked in the real world I made a point of keeping my work weeks to 40 hrs or less. No job is worth dying for.

:explosion :explosion :explosion

I started donating at age 17, 37 years ago. I used to give about 4 times per year, but have dropped off and now give about 1-2 times per year. I work an average of 45 hours per week. BTW, this group is probably not a random sample of whole blood donors since we pretty much all work in the field (some in other countries than the US). I tend to donate when there is a shortage of A pos since I have "inside information" on that or during summer or the holidays when donors are always more scarce.

I agree John, it is clear we all work too much! Mellla, thanks for giving us a chance to see how overworked we all are. :) And glad to have you promoting the idea of blood donation out there in the wider world. If you like science too, come hang out here and we will recruit you into the fascinating field of Medical Laboratory Science (not everyone works so many hours).