Just For Fun...Close Out

Brenda K Hutson

This is just a suggestion on the Just For Fun Thread (since I started it, so I am getting back a lot of responses)...

At this point, it seems responses fit into 1 of 2 categories:

1.Are either duplications of the same thing (many, many times over), and/or

2. Not about anything "Fun" as the Title suggests

Do these just stay here forever, or can I recommend the Thread be closed out at this point?

Just a thought...

Brenda Hutson, CLS(ASCP)SBB

Okee, Dokee then....go for it (I didn't see how anyone could read that many but perhaps people who can visit Blood Bank Talk every day can just "keep up" with them (Unfortunately, I am way behind).

Brenda Hutson

I sort of agree and sort of don't agree with you Brenda (sitting on the fence, as ever).

There are some less than fun posts on the thead, but then up pops a brilliant post, like Phil's today.

I would certainly miss gems like that.

Okee, Dokee then....go for it (I didn't see how anyone could read that many but perhaps people who can visit Blood Bank Talk every day can just "keep up" with them (Unfortunately, I am way behind).

Brenda Hutson

Sorry Brenda, but it's worse than that.

I am what we call on this side of the pond, a bit of an anorak as far as this site is concerned. It's not every day I visit it; it is almost hourly whilst I am awake!!!!!!!!!

:paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

I've had a couple huge work projects the last few months, so I haven't had time with keep up with BBT, and it has just about killed me!!! (So glad that the big projects went well.....I hope to soon resume my daily "fix" of BloodBankTalk.)

The wonderful thing about this thread is that each of us understands the frustrations, and challenges we face. Blood Bank is just a different world, and even though they are some of my closest friends, the core lab folks just don't understand! So when ER orders a Type (ABO/RH) - that is exaclty what the Type order displays in our computer system-and a Type and screen because the doctor said to do a type, rh and hold, well we all just laugh and then sigh with a little frustration and start doing some looking in to things to find the correct order. As far as Just for fun, it is a nice break from the high stress we can sometimes get in here.

I would be an addict if I wasn't the only tech in here, and if my boss had not just made me QA officer for the whole lab!!!:D