Holiday!

Malcolm Needs

In a few (about 12) hours time, I am off with my wife and son for two weeks holiday in Cornwall, where I fully expect to resist the joint temptations of gallons of cider and too much clotted cream.

I'm sure you don't wish to know all that, but it does mean that you have two whole weeks without having to read my ramblings, and two whole weeks to insult me as much as you like, without repost!!!!!!!!

You know, I'm a sad old thing, but I'm going to miss BBT whilst I'm away.

See you soon!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

You know, I'm a sad old thing, but I'm going to miss BBT whilst I'm away.

See you soon!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

No dedication from these oldies nowadays.....haven't you heard of "laptops", " internet cafes" and "Blackberry"- ( not a type of jam you place on your scones and clotted cream) ???:tongue:

Have a good time....l look forward to the insults when you get back!!

No dedication from these oldies nowadays.....haven't you heard of "laptops", " internet cafes" and "Blackberry"- ( not a type of jam you place on your scones and clotted cream) ???:tongue:

Have a good time....l look forward to the insults when you get back!!

Rashmi (and others), please remember divorce can be very expensive, and may even be fatal.

I think that I had better not go onto the site via lap top whilst on holiday!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Okay..........What is "spotted ****?" (I know many others are wondering, but not brave enough to ask!)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your best wishes; we had a superb time and the cider and cream teas were just fabulous.

A spotted **** is, despite the possible "double entendre" meaning, a suet-based pastry boiled pudding with (usually) either currants and/or raisins and/or sultanas in it. It is usually eaten hot, smothered in custard, is highly calorific, terribly bad for the waistline and is absolutely gorgeous!

:devilish::devilish::devilish:

Apologies to all Blood Bank purists; I know this has nothing to do with for what the site was set up, but this is for those who have wondered about Spotted **** (and for those in the USA, I'm sorry this is in pounds and ounces; I am unable to translate into cups).

12 oz plain flour

2 rounded teaspoons of baking-powder

Pinch of salt

6 oz finely-chopped suet

4 oz castor sugar

6 oz currants

Milk to mix

Sift together the flour, baking-powder and salt.

Add the suet, sugar and fruit and mix with the milk to a soft dough.

Form into a roll and turn on to a well-floured cloth.

Roll up the cloth loosely, and tie at both ends, leaving enough room for the pudding to swell.

Drop into boiling water and simmer for 2 hours; or steam for 2-and-a-half hours.

Serve with custard or lemon sauce.

Please note; this is said to serve six (or, if you weigh 1,400lbs like me, one)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Good to have you back from your holiday, Malcolm!

Thank you so much. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday (particularly being able to spend quality time with my wife and son [in fact, being able to spend any real time with my wife and son]), I'm glad to be back.

Do you know what has happened to the "Thanks" button??????????

:D

Do you know what has happened to the "Thanks" button??????????

:D

It's gone for the moment. It's not an official product of the forum, and it seems to be having a bit of difficulty at the moment. The data that was stored by it is still there, I just can't have it running at the moment until I figure out the bug.

It's gone for the moment. It's not an official product of the forum, and it seems to be having a bit of difficulty at the moment. The data that was stored by it is still there, I just can't have it running at the moment until I figure out the bug.

Thanks for that Cliff. It's just that I've had some very kind posts directed at me lately, and I wanted to thank those responsible.

Of course, I could always just post back saying thanks, but that's too simple for a pedant like me!!!!!!!!

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

I am tempted to try making the Spotted **** but I can't get the image of bird feeders out of my mind. Plus I am not sure if can even buy Suet in the grocery stores. But I am always up for trying a new sweet recipe so the search is on. (I did a lot of wikipedia looking this up). Plus I know how to make Yorkshire Pudding why not try making Spotted ****.

• 11 months later...