DAT procedure

FRahman

HI everybody. I was wondering if you perform only DAT poly procedure and if positive perform monospecific procedure, or you perform both procedures side by side and for all cases. Thank you all.

Edited by FRahman
remove sign

Malcolm - are all those antiglobulins on the same card? Who produces it? (I'm certain it is not approved for use in the US but it sounds intriguing) . . . Is this what you routinely use when performing DATs?

Hi David,

The card containing all of these reagents is produced by DiaMed, but I seem to remember that Anna (galvania) saying that it is only on sale in Europe.

It is what we routinely use, but it must be remembered that we are a Reference Laboratory (something I forget myself sometimes when I'm posting on here, and answering a question from a Hospital Blood Banker) and so many of the samples referred have already been tested by either broad spectrum reagents or by monospecific anti-IgG and anti-C3d.

Just occasionally, we receive a sample from a patient who is clinically showing a picture of WAIHA, but with a negative DAT at the hospital, that gives a positive DAT in our hands with anti-IgA only.

I attach a not very good photograph so that you can see what the card looks like.

:):):)

IgA DAT.zip

Edited by Malcolm Needs

The card containing all of these reagents is produced by DiaMed, but I seem to remember that Anna (galvania) saying that it is only on sale in Europe.

Almost - it's for sale outside Europe too - just not (yet!!) in the US

And Malcolm - if you get confused about the C3c and C3b don't worry. It's called C3c on the card, BUT it is of course not actually directed against the free, soluble C3c, but the C3c 'bit' of the C3b molecule on the red cell before it's cleaved (OK - I know - you weren't actually confused before, but you are now, right?)

Almost - it's for sale outside Europe too - just not (yet!!) in the US

And Malcolm - if you get confused about the C3c and C3b don't worry. It's called C3c on the card, BUT it is of course not actually directed against the free, soluble C3c, but the C3c 'bit' of the C3b molecule on the red cell before it's cleaved (OK - I know - you weren't actually confused before, but you are now, right?)

Hi Anna,

Thanks for that.

Now, I know you're not going to believe this, but I actually understood your explanation! Wonders will never cease!

:excited::excited::eyepoppin:excited::excited: