"For thousands of years, mothers have given birth unassisted by medical

technology. There was never a problem with blood incompatability. Now, in

this new age of medical intervention, including surgical abortion, prenatal

testing such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling, and giving

birth in hospitals where procedures such as cord traction and cesarean

section practically insure there will be some kind of blood mixing,

suddenly blood incompatabilities between mother and child have been

discovered."

The above was also linked to that site - nice to know that HDFN never existed until modern medicine started messing around with things. Hey, if it's on the internet it must be true!

In the true spirit of scientific investigation, I would like to propose that if the author or one of his/her loved ones was D-negative, and would just avoid alcohol, sugar, white flour, processed food and caffeine, and would instead gooble up handfuls of the herbal goodies mentioned, and in particular would submit to the regular colonic cleansings recommended, then I will offer the services of my laboratory pro bono to perform D typings and document the exact moment when the D antigen becomes detectable.

In the true spirit of scientific investigation' date=' I would like to propose that if the author or one of his/her loved ones was D-negative, and would just avoid alcohol, sugar, white flour, processed food and caffeine, and would instead gooble up handfuls of the herbal goodies mentioned, and in particular would submit to the regular colonic cleansings recommended, then I will offer the services of my laboratory [i']pro bono to perform D typings and document the exact moment when the D antigen becomes detectable.

ROFL!! I would like a copy of said publication when you get to that point Dr. Pepper

I agree 100% with the need for Rh Negative women to be vaccinated with RhIG, but a few years ago some brands of RhIG DID contain mercury in a preservative. The pesky culprit was called Thimerisol, and most health care proffessionals have never heard of it. I have a sensitivity to this mercury compound and was unable to receive tetanus and hepatitis B vaccine until they came out with mercury-free formulations. (Thankfully, I am not Rh negative, so that was not a concern when I was having children.) It may be helpful if you acknowledge this fact and inform the husband that the mercury was removed from RhIG several years ago. The package inserts in both Rhophylac and RhoGam both clearly state that they are preservative free formulations. This way you are not telling him that he is wrong, just that he has read old facts that are no longer valid.

I agree 100% with the need for Rh Negative women to be vaccinated with RhIG, but a few years ago some brands of RhIG DID contain mercury in a preservative. The pesky culprit was called Thimerisol, and most health care proffessionals have never heard of it. I have a sensitivity to this mercury compound and was unable to receive tetanus and hepatitis B vaccine until they came out with mercury-free formulations. (Thankfully, I am not Rh negative, so that was not a concern when I was having children.) It may be helpful if you acknowledge this fact and inform the husband that the mercury was removed from RhIG several years ago. The package inserts in both Rhophylac and RhoGam both clearly state that they are preservative free formulations. This way you are not telling him that he is wrong, just that he has read old facts that are no longer valid.

BankerGirl,

Thanks for the useful post about Mercury in Immunoglobulins - so as you say there was a grain of truth in story. Now we just need Dr Pepper to find some volunters for the colonic irragation, diet changes and herbal tea therapy to see if we can magic up the RhD polypeptide on RhD negative red cells. I would volunteer but I am already RhD positive, but as others have stated the the low sugar diet and colonics would probably do me some good following the usual Christmas over eating.

Colin

Perhaps as a D pos you can offer to trial the reverse theory & see if you can become D neg. You would obviously need plenty of excess alcohol, sugar & other tasty refined foods. I think New Year's Eve would be an ideal starting date for this experiment?

(Disclaimer: As a D pos person who has followed the proposed 'D pos to D neg' diet religiously for many years I don't think it works. However, I may be an anomaly so it's worth a try...)

I agree 100% with the need for Rh Negative women to be vaccinated with RhIG, but a few years ago some brands of RhIG DID contain mercury in a preservative. The pesky culprit was called Thimerisol, and most health care proffessionals have never heard of it.

Thanks for the info! Your suggested approach sounds like a good plan. I will begin again this coming week to "educate" the educator :)