Change your Rh D status from neg to pos

Colin Barber

http://www.vaccinetruth.org/rhogam.htm

According to this web site you can change your RhD status from Negative to Positive by changing your diet. Clearly as transfusionists we having being worrying about how to meet the demand for O RhD Negative blood and here is the answer??????.

Come on Colin! I think I can recognise a huge tongue in a huge cheek when I see one!!!!!!!!

:pointandl:pointandl:pointandl:pointandl:pointandl

Come on Colin! I think I can recognise a huge tongue in a huge cheek when I see one!!!!!!!!

:pointandl:pointandl:pointandl:pointandl:pointandl

Well of course it's tongue in cheek - just thought we could all enjoy some of the fringe ideas knocking round the interweb. I don't think the NHSBT are going to ask us to change our patient's diets next time the O Neg goes below 3 days stock. Well I hope not anyway !!!!

So Sorry! If my words hurt u. My English is not so good, I cannot write like above great friends wrote- Malcolm and Liz. It is fantastic.

No fear not your words did not hurt at all, I was just worried that you may have thought my post was a serious post. It was mean't to be light hearted. But as Liz pointed out there is a serious concern that pregnant women could read this web site and take it all as scientific fact.

We have a patient refusing RhIg injections because her husband read somewhere on the net that RhIg contains mercury. :rolleyes: This man has a master's degree in education. Scary, scary thing. The OB/gyn office and I are still working to convince him this may not be the best decision, but so far it has been an uphill battle! :cries:

We have a patient refusing RhIg injections because her husband read somewhere on the net that RhIg contains mercury. :rolleyes: This man has a master's degree in education. Scary, scary thing. The OB/gyn office and I are still working to convince him this may not be the best decision, but so far it has been an uphill battle! :cries:

I started this thread as a seasonal piece of whimsy, but as Liz pointed out, there is a very serious side to this if patients are now refusing anti-D on the basis of this miss-informed nonsense. No doubt the husband is as we speak :

1. Changing their diet and eliminating all sugar, white flour, caffeine, sodas, processed foods, and alcohol.

2. Using a lower bowel tonic and occasional colonics to keep the bowel clear.

3. Use of herbs to cleanse the blood such as:

A. Periwinkle

B. Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

C. A tea made from red clover blossoms, chaparral, licorice root,poke root, peach bark, Oregon grape root, stillingia, cascara sagrada,sarsparilla, prickly ash bark, burdock root, and buckthorn bark.

D. A few capsules of: goldenseal root, blessed thistle, cayenne, cramp bark, false unicorn root, ginger, red raspberry leaves, squaw vine and uva ursi.

And a few capsules of: black cohosh, sarsparilla, ginseng, licorice, false unicorn, holy thistle and squaw vine.

4. Also, included in the diet blood builders, such as grape juice, molasses, beets, and others

Anti-D, apart from very rare anaphylactic reactions and a problem with the Irish anti-D about 15 years ago, has one the safest product histories. The benefits of anti-D prophylaxis are huge, how many cases of HDN/HDF do we see these days compared to the days before its introduction.

Deny I hope you can make this couple see reason.

I suggest to let this patient's husband read this thread, he is an educated person hope he will believe professionals and agree with us. Approval of FDA, CE and ISO signs are sufficient to assure quality/safety.

I doubt the professional status of everyone here combined will change this gentleman's mind if he is arguing with the OB/gyn already. I am much like a bull dog with issues I deem important (as this one is) and will continue to politely present facts, and document all opportunities taken. This way when someone gets the great idea to file a lawsuit in this manner, we have done everything we could to prevent it. I feel bad for the potential future fetuses and the difficulties this couple faces if I am unsuccessful. Very frustrating!:mad:

I doubt the professional status of everyone here combined will change this gentleman's mind if he is arguing with the OB/gyn already. I am much like a bull dog with issues I deem important (as this one is) and will continue to politely present facts, and document all opportunities taken. This way when someone gets the great idea to file a lawsuit in this manner, we have done everything we could to prevent it. I feel bad for the potential future fetuses and the difficulties this couple faces if I am unsuccessful. Very frustrating!:mad:

Deny, keep up the good work, if he is genuinely an intelligent man I am sure you can find him some well founded, peer reviewed, scientific literature to counter the internet quackery he has been reading. The thing with the success of anti-D prophylaxis is there are, thank goodness, not the damaged babies or women unable to have live children to readily inform the lay public of the benefits. By almost eradicating HDN/HDF due to allo anti-D, we have taken it off the radar so there just aren't the friends and relatives around anymore to drive home how serious this can be.

Anyway as I said good luck and I do hope they see sense.

Colin

Deny u and Colin are right

Deny, keep up the good work, if he is genuinely an intelligent man I am sure you can find him some well founded, peer reviewed, scientific literature to counter the internet quackery he has been reading. The thing with the success of anti-D prophylaxis is there are, thank goodness, not the damaged babies or women unable to have live children to readily inform the lay public of the benefits. By almost eradicating HDN/HDF due to allo anti-D, we have taken it off the radar so there just aren't the friends and relatives around anymore to drive home how serious this can be.

Anyway as I said good luck and I do hope they see sense.

Colin

My goodness Colin, when you started this thread, I bet you didn't think that it would develop the way it has.

This is but one example of what is so great about this site.

Really, me too, when I read it first time, surprised and thought why Colin posted this. I learned the way from Colin and Deny to handle such problem.

Thanks and appreciations for all those who contribute to BloodBankTalk

May I ask?.....What's the "Irish Anti-D from about 15 years ago?" about?????

As I remember it, Malcolm will no doubt put me right if I have got this wrong, it was a batch of higher dose I.V. anti-D that was contminated with Hepatitis from an infected donor used to make the batch.

Edited by Colin Barber

My goodness Colin, when you started this thread, I bet you didn't think that it would develop the way it has.

This is but one example of what is so great about this site.

Malcolm, yes what started out as what I thought was a bit fun about colonic irrigation, diet and herbs changing Rh status had a serious point and could not agree more about what is great about BBT.

Edited by Colin Barber