Auto Anti-D

NAN47

Hi,

I was just looking for advice/ clarification on the units which are given to someone exhibiting an auto anti-D. The patient has had recent transfusions and the blood which comes from the reference centre is rhesus positive, least incompatible units. However when we cross-match rhesus neg units for the patient in the laboratory they are compatible. I was just wondering why this was. I looked at the guidelines but I'm not sure they answer this question. I was only briefly made aware of this case yesterday so there may be more to it, but his panel only displays an anti-D. PVP positive. 

Thanks 

Tricia 

1 hour ago, David Saikin said:

Safe to assume your pt has a +DAT (PVP+)?  I never liked "least incompatible".  If Rh Negs are compatible I'd go with them.  that's not to say that the autoab will not interact with them but I always like to use compatible if I can.

I'm just tickled they're calling something 'least incompatible' when apparently they actually aren't the least incompatible. :rolleyes: Wondering if we're missing something here.