Random Chat

LisaM

^^Thanks, guys! I'll check out that link, Liz.

Our patient is an older man, and I can't remember his blood type or the other antibodies he has, but I'll check tonight when I get to work and get back to you all. I do know that he's an oncology patient, though.

I concur Terri! This year we moved into a new lab (after being displaced to a temporary location for several months) and our entire organization (hospital, lab, blood bank, and 14 clinics) are going to a new computer system. We are in the midst of the build right now. We are due for our next CAP inspection right at go live time. Seat belts definitely needed! We have postponed a proposed change in blood bank methodology (from manual gel to automated or possibly solid phase). Never a dull moment!

Happy New Year!!

I'm looking forward to the New Year when one of my favorite traditions is to throw away all my to do lists at home (wish I could do the same at work) and declare myself to be all caught up on all my duties! True, some things will need to be readdressed but really, there are many things that just don't need done and I happily let them go! It's nice to be all caught up on everything, even if it's only for a couple of days!;)

I concur Terri! This year we moved into a new lab (after being displaced to a temporary location for several months) and our entire organization (hospital, lab, blood bank, and 14 clinics) are going to a new computer system. We are in the midst of the build right now. We are due for our next CAP inspection right at go live time. Seat belts definitely needed! We have postponed a proposed change in blood bank methodology (from manual gel to automated or possibly solid phase). Never a dull moment!

Happy New Year!!

I'm looking forward to the New Year when one of my favorite traditions is to throw away all my to do lists at home (wish I could do the same at work) and declare myself to be all caught up on all my duties! True, some things will need to be readdressed but really, there are many things that just don't need done and I happily let them go! It's nice to be all caught up on everything, even if it's only for a couple of days!;)

Awesome idea! I'm going to try it at work and see if I get away with it. :devilish:

Best of luck with that new computer system, Terri! Transitioning may be a painful process at times, but in the long run, "change" can be your friend.

This year, I'm resolving to change a few things in my life, like getting rid of situations and even relationships that are toxic, and work toward the future I envision for myself.

(I also resolve to be able to put my hair in a ponytail by the end of 2011 if my hair would grow in a little faster already!!) :D