Hello from Memphis

cmelloh

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and am really excited about having someone to talk "shop" with outside of my employer. I work at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as the Evening Shift Supervisor. I look forward to talking with you.

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and am really excited about having someone to talk "shop" with outside of my employer. I work at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as the Evening Shift Supervisor. I look forward to talking with you.

I was a patient at St. Jude back in 1980(ish). Not cancer related--just severely broken arm that the local Children's Hospital couldn't handle. Had surgery complete with pins/plates/etc and a 7 day hospital stay!

Ha! A seven day hospital stay now is laughable for a broken arm!!

Hello Memphis! This site is great to learn (and every once in a while laugh so hard fellow employees come check on you.

Your neighbor from Little Rock,

Ann

Ann,

Which hospital do you work at in Little Rock? That's where I lived for a while before moving to Tucson 3 1/2(ish) years ago!

I worked in Transfusion Service at UAMS.

Cool. We were neighbors! I was at ACH in the BB.

I applied at UAMS when we first moved to Little Rock from Shreveport, LA. There were no BB jobs available at that time. I applied for an open Hematology position(Yes, I needed a job THAT bad at the time). I was in the door, so to speak, until I observed the Bone Marrow clinic, etc. I still can't believe Medical Technologists perform the bone marrows there. We have all assisted in bone marrows before, if only in our Medical Technologist clinical rotation--made slides, preserved the core, etc etc. But I could not even fathom being the person actually doing the tap without a Physician even present.

Obviously, I didn't take the job.