Great to find such a forum

Grippy

I have been a tech since 84 and find it a great job. I could have been a ditch digger or truck driver but I conspired against myself and became a Med Tech.

I work part time on the PM shift and would not have it any other way. I never liked having to do anything so this way I don't have to go to bed or wake up to an alarm.

I did my internship at Billy Beaumont in Royal Oak, MI. It was one of the worst years of my life. I came from a research job and was not at all prepared for the regimen plus I was a really immature, self centered creep. I made it real tough on myself but made it though cause I ain't stupid.

I got my first job at a small community hospital in the UP where we did little in the way of BB. Type and screens, cross matches but no antibody ID.

After a time I moved to a larger hospital in Wisconsin where we do considerable BB. It took some effort to get up to speed and I am still not the BB I would like to be. I work at it though and this forum looks to have many knowledgeable folk and I hope take advantage of the educational opportunity.

Don't be afraid to tell me I am an idiot if I ask a stupid question. I don't mind.

Grippy MA MT (ASCP)

Welcome to BBT Grippy, I only wish I had a site like this to go to earlier on in my career, we all learn from questions- and I still ask stupid ones!

Join in the fun and learn with the rest of us.

It's true Grippy; she does - all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

Edited by Malcolm Needs