Ortho 0.8% screen cells VS676 exp 11/12/13 false pos?

Mabel Adams

We opened this lot of screen cells on 10/14 and have had 6 patients react weakly with cell 2 but found nothing in gel panels or PEG 3-cell screens. Of course many patients are negative with it.  We have similar results in 3 sets of vials--2 open for 2 weeks and one freshly opened.  If anyone else is having similar results please notify Ortho so they get enough data to make a determination on this donor's suitability for screen cells or whatever else is wrong.  The cell is not listed as Bg positive but they test their donors only once I have heard.

Are the pts reacting mutliparous women?  Most of mine have been.  I have found that the "junky" cell 2 rxs are probably something and have discussed this with ortho several times.  I have found that enzyme pretreatment removes the rxs about 80% of the time. The other 20% - only the R2R2 cells react and the pt is invariably E negative. 

Are the pts reacting mutliparous women?  Most of mine have been.  I have found that the "junky" cell 2 rxs are probably something and have discussed this with ortho several times.  I have found that enzyme pretreatment removes the rxs about 80% of the time. The other 20% - only the R2R2 cells react and the pt is invariably E negative. 

Edited by Malcolm Needs