Ortho Selectogen cell I false pos on lot VS490?

Anyone else getting 1+ to 2+ pos reactions on screen cell one of Ortho's 2 cell screen (lot VS490 exp 11/15) but the panel is either negative or has one or two weaker but questionable positives? The cells listed as Bg+ on the panel often are not the few that react. Screen cell 1 is listed as Bg neg on the extended antigen list. I have reported to Ortho, but if others are finding this, they should too so that they don't use this donor for screen cells again.

• 3 weeks later...
Mabel, I think I had strange reactions on cell 9 on two patients. But of course I can't remember their names now!

Mari

I am assuming that this is lot VRA162. We have also had problems with cell 15 on panel B lot VRB160.:confused: any other problems???

Hi to Shauna and anyone else interested. It doesn't look like too many found any reactivity with this cell so it will be interesting if they figure out anything.

Now we keep seeing weird reactions on panel A cell 9. :(

We have also been experiencing weird reactivity on our screening cells and the same panel cell. We have been recording the donor numbers in a log book to see if the phenomenon is repeated as Ortho utilizes the same donor.