electronic crossmatch for how long

eltonsey

We use the electronic crossmatch for any patient with a current and historical negative screen (anyone we previously performed immediate spin crossmacth for). Our computer system has a glitch that does not allow electronic crossmatch for patients who have a phenotype on file. We still perform immediate spin for those patients (if there is no antibody).

We use the electronic crossmatch for any patient with a current and historical negative screen (anyone we previously performed immediate spin crossmacth for). Our computer system has a glitch that does not allow electronic crossmatch for patients who have a phenotype on file. We still perform immediate spin for those patients (if there is no antibody).

excuse me what do you mean by patients who have a phenotype on file

That is an interesting glitch. I assume the phenotype is for Sickle Cell patients or other often transfused patients that you are trying to keep from making antibodies.

That is correct. I believe it is because the computer has one field for the antigens and antibodies and the code looks to see if there is anything in that field to determine electronic crossmatch eligibility. Unfortunately, it is a purchased program and I can't do anything about it...

:mad: