FFP 24hours

Jody

We sent a short but sweet letter to our physicians informing them of the pending arrival of the new product and used references and a letter from our blood provider to explain the product to them (not for FVIII replacement basically). There was not a single question or comment and we have not had any requests which specify FFP for a patient rather than FFP 24 hours. We now stock both products and use them as equivalent.

We receive mostly the 24 hour product from our supplier and use thme interchangeably. Most of the time the product is not being given for any particular factor deficiency anyway. If I knew it was for one of our kids with FV deficiency I would probably choose an FFP, just because...........

There is a slight decrease of FV and FVIII but they can be used equally up to 24 hours at 0 to 6 C.

The doctors didnt ask you or me because they trust us and they dont really get it either way anyhow.

I give the patients what I would give one of my own. God forbid that I should have to.