WINDOWS vs. MAC

MARINA

MacbookPro for me. And if you have a techie husband like I do, you can get Windows on it too. You can partition the Mac hard-drive and actually load windows on it. So I can choose to boot into Windows any time I need to use Word, Excel, etc.

Yes you can dual boot with Mac's that have intel processors, but you can use Microsoft Office applications in the Mac OS with Microsoft Office for Mac suite.

Yes you can dual boot with Mac's that have intel processors, but you can use Microsoft Office applications in the Mac OS with Microsoft Office for Mac suite.

Yes that is true and a good idea. If you want you can also get an ipad.. Christmas gift from... Father Christmas.

Having both a Mac and a Windows laptop at home, I nearly always use the Windows unit. I suppose it is what you are used to, but I have never been able to "get used to" the Mac commands. It always seems to me you have to do two or three more keystrokes to accomplish what Windows does in one, if the Mac can do it at all. Just one soul's opinion.,

Sorry I don't want to sound like I am on Steve Job's payroll or have anything persay against Microsoft, but I feel I must stand up for the Mac corner. I am 53 and if I can change from using PC's (which I still do at work) to a Mac after 25 years of using a PC anyone can. They are not complicated, just different from Windows and I would ALWAYS choose a Mac over a PC. If you go to the Apple web site there are help tutorials for PC users converting to Mac. In the 12 months I have had the MacBook Pro, it has never frozen, failed, required a re-boot and it starts up and shuts down almost instantly. I have a virus checker but it has never pick up a virus, malware or spyware - you try and connect a PC to the net without any sort of protection and its seconds before its infected.

MAC - my son convinced me to switch last spring and I am so glad I listened to him. I use Office for MAC. Word and EXCEL files switch between the work computer (Windows) and my MAC with no problem. It took a little getting used to, but the MAC is more user friendly to me.