Equipment Book

spavlis

Our current Equipment Book uses a paper system.....

AND I REALLY, REALLY , HATE IT! :mad:

I was just wondering if anyone is using some sort of excel or electronic database for their equipment book.

There has to be a better system, than paper!

Stephanie

Oddly enough, in my previous world, the hospital's cilnical engineering department maintained all of that in a computer program to include all of the blood warmers through out the hospital. They provided me with the printouts on a regualr basis after maintanence and after my signature for review they scanned the documents back into the system. Saddly I do not recall the name of the program they used.

:shocked::shocked:

We are in the process of setting up a web-page based system (Microsoft Sharepoint) to keep track of equipment. It will be on all the lab computers as a link to a web site and will send an e-mail to certain staff members once an item is entered into the database for review purposes. We are still working out the details but it looks promising.

Our biomed dept has an excel sheet with serial numbers and such. My maintenance guru tech keeps an excel sheet to show all of the flushes and min/max spin times, cooler validations, hi/lo temp checks, everything. We make one for each year, copied from the last and then fill in new dates. She prints them out, so that we have a hard copy just in case the computer has a brain issue when the inspectors show up!