soft copy of cap accredited SOPs & quality manual

globe

We are going to prepare CAP accreditation in a tertiary care hospital blood bank

first time in our country,We need to prepare blood bank SOPs & Quality manaul

according to Cap requirements. Pls provide soft copy to get the help tp prepare

the SOPs and quality manual. Your cooperation would be be highly appreciated.

globe

e-mail: globes999@yahoo.com

The best way for you to comply is to get a copy of YOUR CAP checklist and adjust your manuals accordingly. For your procedures, make certain that you are following your reagent manufacturer's package inserts. I would suggest getting a copy of the AABB Technical Manual - it will provide insight into how your Quality System should be implemented.

• 1 month later...

];) Relax, All that CAP inspectors go by is exactly what is asked in the checklist, So if you follow the CAP Checklist, you will have no problems. As stated in a previous entry, you must go by the package inserts, but refer to the CAP questions, and if you are in doubt, you can call CAP and they will help answer any questions that you may have. ALSO- when you get inspected, keep in mind that it is another hospital that does the inspection, and how they interpet the question, if you disagree with the deficiency, you may dispute it and have it removed. I had to do that and had two removed and therefore had no defeciencies!!!!:D

Quality Manual Preparation Workbook for Blood Banking, 2nd edition includes aCD From AABB

Transfusion, Service Manual of SOPs, Training Guides and Competency Assessment Tools 2nd edition From AABB

I suggest u to get these two manuals in additions to the above recommended books. These are Templates in CD in editable word format those will make ur job easy. I have Transfusion, Service Manual of SOPs, Training Guides and Competency Assessment Tools 2nd edition with CD and using to edit our SOP. We shall buy quality Manual also. Our facility is going for JCI soon, so we r in same condition like u.

Edited by khalidm3

• 4 months later...
Quality Manual Preparation Workbook for Blood Banking, 2nd edition includes aCD From AABB

Transfusion, Service Manual of SOPs, Training Guides and Competency Assessment Tools 2nd edition From AABB

I suggest u to get these two manuals in additions to the above recommended books. These are Templates in CD in editable word format those will make ur job easy. I have Transfusion, Service Manual of SOPs, Training Guides and Competency Assessment Tools 2nd edition with CD and using to edit our SOP. We shall buy quality Manual also. Our facility is going for JCI soon, so we r in same condition like u.

Dear khalidm3

Could you provide me the said "

Transfusion, Service Manual of SOPs, Training Guides and Competency Assessment Tools 2nd edition From AABB" Really I would be very gratefull you.We realy need now.

Regards

Mohammed Salman

Charge Technologist

The Aga Khan University Hospital

Blood Bank, Clinical Laboratory

Stadium Road, P.O. Box 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan

Phone: 92 213493 0051 Ext. 1596, Direct: 3486 1596

Fax: +92 3213493 4294 / 3493 2095.

Email: muhammad.salman@aku.edu

www.aku.edu

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

there is no way around it, you must write your own SOPs so that they conform to your practice and not someone else's. Those books will help you as will the CAP checklist. Use your custom CAP cheklist...though.

yup, I know that. you may think that I'm a little bit lazy because I ask the documents around. the truth is, I'm a kind of have to do this really prepared.

in my hospital, before, there is only minimal document about transfusion.

the clinician is used to give blood just like that. fever after transfusion is a usual thing that they will tell me that they have lots of patients with that, but only two reports of transfusion reaction in a year that were received by the bts.

I try to make a uniform forms of transfusion administration, but the nurse strongly refused, telling me that they've already have too many forms to fill in.

I need to be prepared. give the board of meeting samples of forms so, they can decide that what I made was actually a very simple version but contain the actual information needed about transfusion.

and having some samples makes me able to decide which is the thing that really need to be put there, and which one is a variation from one place to another.

I know that there are guidelines which give me the information of the information really needed, but having sample of forms and documents make me able to see more clearly the format that I have to make instead of thinking about it right from the start.

e.g. the information of the outward patient who gets transfusion. I have the sample of it, making sure that I have the same information given in the sample, and put it in my own format and try it in my hospital. there are changes after the try out, and it helps me a lot.

e.g. the transfusion checklist, I have samples with full six pages to write on. I made my own and make a one and a half pages, and still the clinician refused. at least I can tell to myself that at least I have tried, and hopefully one day, it can be used. one thing that make me keep on hoping is that the meeting concluded that I could use it for audit. :) one step at a time, nov.

e.g. the transfusion indication, I'm still confused about the detail to be put inside (I have one sample that is really great in detail, but I don't think that it can be used in my hospital).

so, I'll be willing to ask more and more of documents, not to be used as it is, but as a ground to make my own. and I need more documents as comparison. I need more documents to remind me which is needed and still not available in my hospital. I need more documents to make sure that I don't forget the things that I may forget because I'm a kind of working alone here. I need more documents so I can be prepared in the meeting which is attended by people who have more experience of the 'safe' transfusion (trali not part of transfusion reaction because they don't know about trali, fever is common thing that happens after transfusion, the blood is started at 6 and finish at 2, the blood needs to be put on the lamp just to make sure that it is warm for transfusion, etc).

sorry, If I was too harsh.... tired and a little bit angry when I heard that two doctors said that all the sops should be made only by bts people, not involving the clinician, not involving the blood transfusion committee.

I just don't want if something happen the clinician said that it's the bts' fault because they were't involved in the making of sops. aarrrggghhhh.....

and when I read your reply, I just remembered all the sops that I made which may not be used because the one that was put in charge was someone who didn't like me (and still doesn't). not to mention the forms that were made and re-made a couple of times. *sigh*