Introduction

Generic

Good morning all,

I'm a fairly recent graduate (less than a year) currently working in the blood bank of a level 1 trauma hospital in the southeastern US. I work 7pm-7am and during our slow periods I've taken to browsing this forum and a few other BB sites in an effort to increase my blood banking knowledge. I've already learned a lot and look forward to learning more.

:):)

Hi Generic,

You will not go too far wrong reading and participating in this community of learned women and men. I am at it a tad over 40 years now and still learning. They will need to ***** the lid on tight to stop me. (Just thought, that will be another experience!) Good luck with your career. Mind you, I remember reading a quote "Luck is a funny thing, the harder you work, the luckier you get". Who said that? Was it Trueman?

Cheers

Eoin

Hi Generic,

You will not go too far wrong reading and participating in this community of learned women and men. I am at it a tad over 40 years now and still learning. They will need to ***** the lid on tight to stop me. (Just thought, that will be another experience!) Good luck with your career. Mind you, I remember reading a quote "Luck is a funny thing, the harder you work, the luckier you get". Who said that? Was it Trueman?

Cheers

Eoin

I know that great golfer, Gary Player said "It's strange, but the harder I practice, the luckier I get.", but whether or not he "stole" an earlier quote, I know not.

Edited by Malcolm Needs
I know that you will not believe this, but the spelling was off kilter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that great golfer, Gary Player said "It's strange, but the harder I practice, the luckier I get.", but whether or not he "stole" an earlier quote, I know not.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg:

But no, I've just been very lucky. But I've worked hard, and the harder you work, the luckier you seem to get.

Norman Wisdom

I have an old saying that the harder I work, the luckier I get.

John Engler

I'm a lot luckier than most people, although I used to look at it the other way around-that so many people seemed luckier than me.

Dana Hill

Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get.

Ray Kroc

Luckier than one's neighbor, but still not happy.

Euripides

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Samuel Goldwyn

The harder you work, the luckier you get.

Gary Player

The more I practice, the luckier I get.

Gene Sarazen

To die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier.

Walt Whitman

(I'm not sure I agree with this one. One wonders what Whitman was basing this on, as no one seems to send post cards back...)