Proficiency Testing Failure Form

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

I am attaching the form used by al the labs at my facility. It is not Blood Bank specific but the lab director wants everyone to use the same form.

Over the years, I have found our few CAP survey "failures" were not analytical but usually resulted from incorrect entry of the PT results on the reporting form. Does anyone else think the CAP result format is cumbersome with the results for a single type and screen spread over multiple sheets? Their online reporting is as bad as the manual. Even having a second person check the results entered before sending them off has missed a clerical reporting error. It would be so much better if they used a format that was modeled after a real Blood Bank worksheet.

Bev

Corrective Action Form Alternate Survey online Template.doc

I totally agree with bmarotto, the CAP worksheet is cumbersome for data entry. We don't use worksheets, we enter results directly into our BB computer system. When techs complete and verify their results we do a screen print and attach it in with the CAP paperwork. I'm the lucky one that gets to enter the data onto the online form :-(

It would be nice to see CAP have all of one "patient" results all on one sheet, i.e. ABO/Rh, absc, ABID, antigen type. Just like we do for real pts and if your lab doesn't do the testing then mark that answer.

Hi Cliffe,

Can you not use the same form you record any incident/ quality incident for this ? Our quality system (which is in it's infancy- as we seem to be a bit behind in the UK with this sort of thing !), allows for the recording of any deviation, customer complaint, serious event etc. with the required recording of corrective actions.

Rashmi

Hi Cliffe,

Can you not use the same form you record any incident/ quality incident for this ? Our quality system (which is in it's infancy- as we seem to be a bit behind in the UK with this sort of thing !), allows for the recording of any deviation, customer complaint, serious event etc. with the required recording of corrective actions.

Rashmi

Thanks for the suggestion Rashmi,

I was looking for something that would be specific to investigating PT failures.