Improve BloodBankTalk

Cliff

BloodBankTalk has been here sine January 2004. Can you believe that, three full years now!

We've made many improvements in those three years. For those of you that were here at the beginning, you can attest to the many improvements.

Now we'd like to ask for your help. We are soliciting any and all ideas from the members of the site. No idea is too small, too big or out of the question. We will seriously consider all options.

We want to make BloodBankTalk a better community for all to enjoy.

Some ideas we'd like help with:

• Suggestions of places to advertise.
  • Tools to add to the site.
  • Tools to remove from the site.
  • Sections of the site to renovate.
  • Sections of the site to expand.
Please respond to this post with any and all suggestions. If you prefer it is not publicly posted, then send me an private message or email.

Thank you for your continued support.

One small thing you could do -- put the adds on the right side of the page instead of on the left. I've found that often when I try to print the page, part of the post is cut off on the right. If the adds were there and the posts shifted to the left, perhaps this wouldn't happen.

Thanks for a great service!

One small thing you could do -- put the adds on the right side of the page instead of on the left. I've found that often when I try to print the page, part of the post is cut off on the right. If the adds were there and the posts shifted to the left, perhaps this wouldn't happen.

Thanks for a great service!

Hi Claudia,

I have an even better solution for you. At the top of the post you want to print, click the Thread Tools drop down. In there you'll see a Show Printable Version link. That will remove the ads altogether when you print.

Morning Cliff, You may have this somewhere and I just haven't found it but I sure could use a "How to" section where I could go to figure out things like how to post or attach an SOP. Things like that. Kind of a "BloodBank Talk for Dummys"

Ive really enjoyed this site, youv'e done a terrific job. Keep it up.

John

I have enjoyed this site since I first discovered it. I agree with John that a "Blood Bank Talk for Dummies" would be a great idea. I have been able to navigate through the site, but do find it difficult to find my way around at times.

Thanks,

Shari :excited:

So for the first improvement, I removed two entire categories. They aren't related to blood banking, and were only there because they let me use a software tool that I thought was fun. :D

I have removed these forums:

Ratings

Movies

Books

Music

News Feeds

General Heath Information

Blood Bank News

BloodBankTalk Information (now simply Introductions)

Archived Newsletters (these are older info that might not be up to date any longer)

Chat Session Archives (when we get bigger, we'll bring the chats back)

Merged BloodBankTalk Forum Questions and Answers into Site Support

Hopefully with the removal of these two sections, the site can remain more focused and a little easier to navigate.

OK, so that's two votes for an improved help section.

Did you know we already have a help section? You can find it here.

I will make sure over the next few months it is expanded greatly.

Are there any particular areas you want clarification on?

I have enjoyed this site since I first discovered it. I agree with John that a "Blood Bank Talk for Dummies" would be a great idea. I have been able to navigate through the site, but do find it difficult to find my way around at times.

Thanks,

Maybe it's just me, but when I navigate through the pages or try to post a reply I have to relog in. Happened just now when trying to post this.:)

I always get the following : The following errors occurred when this message was submitted

You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

Usually I give up and log out.

Maybe it's just me, but when I navigate through the pages or try to post a reply I have to relog in. Happened just now when trying to post this.:)

I always get the following : The following errors occurred when this message was submitted

You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

Usually I give up and log out.

I'm guessing this might also be a browser issue. I know if I try to post from work I have problems but I never have problems with my browser at home. I use Mozilla Firefox.

I'm guessing this might also be a browser issue. I know if I try to post from work I have problems but I never have problems with my browser at home. I use Mozilla Firefox.

I think donellda is right. It's likely a cookie issue, please see this tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, BloodBankTalk for Dummies it's not. While it's a great suggestion, I have yet to see a member who is a dummy.

We have installed a new and very powerful Knowledge Base system. You can find it in the top menu under Site Info >> Contact Us. [Link] Over the next few weeks we'll be adding more to the system. One great feature it has, is when a member submits a question, we can convert that into a new question / answer. If you thought of asking, many others have too.

We'll include the items requested here.

Stay tuned...

Morning Cliff, You may have this somewhere and I just haven't found it but I sure could use a "How to" section where I could go to figure out things like how to post or attach an SOP. Things like that. Kind of a "BloodBank Talk for Dummys"

Ive really enjoyed this site, youv'e done a terrific job. Keep it up.

John

Thanks,