Sorvall Cell Washer Plus

bbonnema

I just unpacked my new Sorvall Cell Washer Plus and there is a warning not to use plastic tubes. We have been using plastic tubes in our old Sorvalls for years. I called their customer support and I was told that this does not leave a dry cell button so plastic should not use. Now I have 2 concerns; do I want a washer that does not leave a dry cell button and if I do will the plastic tubes be OK. Has anyone had this experience?

• 1 month later...

We have used polystyrene for years.  I was having issues with this cell washer not always decanting saline successfully during the wash.  Tech support said the motor's designed to run with a full load of 12 tubes.  We started doing that (using blank tubes as needed) and no problems since.

We have used polystyrene for years.  I was having issues with this cell washer not always decanting saline successfully during the wash.  Tech support said the motor's designed to run with a full load of 12 tubes.  We started doing that (using blank tubes as needed) and no problems since.

Good to know. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...