Ag neg units still give pt temp spike

lalamb

I do know that they work hard. If I sounded flippant, I apologise. I have a great relationship with the staff at my blood supplier and this is something I would say to them jokingly. They are amazing at getting us the units that we need when we need them.

As for the comment above - the flippant/jokey tone was easily

indentified for me... same way I used to feel about WARM AUTOS...

just send and wait... jajaja!

Anyhoots, am awaiting fruther word from Lisa as to how their patient

tolerated the washed units....

Malcom...Do you have a link to the National Guidelines you refer to earlier?

Thanks

Yes - on this website actually!

At the top of this page you will see something marked "References". If you hit this, there is a drop down list, and you need "Document Library". Once there, you scroll down to a bit marked "UK", and one of the options is BCSH Guidelines. The one you are after, which is a little way down the list, is "Guidelines for Compatibility Procedures in Blood Transfusion Laboratories."

This particular Guideline is actively being updated by a BCSH Workforce at present, but this update is not expected to be out any time soon - they never are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps.

:D:D:D:D:D

I do know that they work hard. If I sounded flippant, I apologise. I have a great relationship with the staff at my blood supplier and this is something I would say to them jokingly. They are amazing at getting us the units that we need when we need them.

No need to apologise!!! Most of us know exactly where you were coming from and have said the same thing more often than we care to remember. We would get the same thing when one of our "little sister" hospitals would send an antibody ID to us. No problem for them and it was our job to help them out.

:highfive:

As for the comment above - the flippant/jokey tone was easily

indentified for me... same way I used to feel about WARM AUTOS...

just send and wait... jajaja!

Anyhoots, am awaiting fruther word from Lisa as to how their patient

tolerated the washed units....

Well, our patient tolerated the washed cells well...no temp spike. All of you, and our pathologist all agreed :D!

So our pathologist says all future RBC's will be Washed RBC's (for this guy). As this is pallative care, at this point, there is no urge to find out what was causing the spike (wbc's, cytokins, rxn to preservatives...)

thanks again

Yes - on this website actually!

At the top of this page you will see something marked "References". If you hit this, there is a drop down list, and you need "Document Library". Once there, you scroll down to a bit marked "UK", and one of the options is BCSH Guidelines. The one you are after, which is a little way down the list, is "Guidelines for Compatibility Procedures in Blood Transfusion Laboratories."

This particular Guideline is actively being updated by a BCSH Workforce at present, but this update is not expected to be out any time soon - they never are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps.

:D:D:D:D:D

Wow!! Thanks Malcolm, this is like the cave of Ali Baba.

What a treasure!! (I had not ventured into the UK site yet).

Liz :D:D:D:D

Ahmm, :disbelief I shouted Hourrah a bit too soon, only the 2010 files are opening. What is the PDF version of the others pleeeeeease

Thank you

Liz :eek:

I just noted that I can open some from 2006 :confused:

Sorry, I dont mean to complain, but I really would like to read your documents:o

Edited by Liz
additional info

Ahmm, :disbelief I shouted Hourrah a bit too soon, only the 2010 files are opening. What is the PDF version of the others pleeeeeease

Thank you

Liz :eek:

I just noted that I can open some from 2006 :confused:

Sorry, I dont mean to complain, but I really would like to read your documents:o

Liz, as the well known IT idiot that I am, I think your best bet is to contact Cliff, or RR1 (Rashmi Rook) who actually posted the Guidelines. The other alernative, which may be easier, is to put "BCSH Guidelines" into Google (or whatever is your search engine) and go straight to the horse's motuth, as the old saying goes.

:redface::redface::redface::redface::redface: