Centrifuge for Blood processing

Iris_tam

I do need anyone to help to make some advice for me :confused:

It's not easy to make decision Which brand of Centrifuge is optimal for blood processing.

Also, any one is using Centrifuge from Thermo Fisher Secientific ? if any, which model is more suitable for the blood bank requirement?

Thanks all for the big hand :)

I always like the sorvall rc3 series - big - like a washing machine (good for large volume bb's - but I'm out of that loop now). Currently, I use a table top from beckman. Get one with digital controls, that way there is no deviation with analog controls. You can usually set protocols for plt rich plasma, pc's, etc. Have fun calibrating it for component prep.

I always like the sorvall rc3 series - big - like a washing machine (good for large volume bb's - but I'm out of that loop now). Currently, I use a table top from beckman. Get one with digital controls, that way there is no deviation with analog controls. You can usually set protocols for plt rich plasma, pc's, etc. Have fun calibrating it for component prep.

;) i agree, beckman is user friendly ~ But our BB need other brand to replace the old Centrifuge (Beckman) ... Thanks for your reply

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Biosystems Scientific a.k.a www.biosys-scientific.com. We have an assortment of centrifuges (Sorval, MSE Harriers, MSE Falcons, MSE Hawks, Immufuge II, Clay Adams BD Sero-Fuge 2002, etc) to meet your needs. My partner, Nestor, is our in-house applications engineer who can help in determining what centrifuge is good for a specific blood processing applications. give us a call: 1-877-246-7788. We would like to help you.

Nelson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Dave,

I have 2 Sorvalls, a 4-bucket and a 12-bucket (had a 6-bucket that grew old!). I am looking for an 8-bucket, these are for whole blood component preparation. The 12-bucket didn't separate as perfectly as the smaller ones. So I am looking into the various brands on the market and wondering who is pleased with which brand...

Liz :):):)