What manufacturer do you use for fetal screen?

We use Immucor. We used to use Ortho's Fetal Screen before it was involved in a recalled in Jan 2005 due to performance with QC I believe. We never switched back. In the last year, we've switched all of our reagents to Immucor because of Ortho's pricing.

We are still having some problems with Immucor's giving false pos results--at least the Kleihauer is totally negative. We even repeated the Fetal Screen and got positive again next day, different tech.

Has anyone tried the Alba one or have a price for it?

We used to use Ortho, as a matter of fact, we were using them at the time of the recall. I wasn't impressed with the way ortho handled the recall. I had called tech support and told them we were having problems with their test kit. When I told them the lot # I was told they were aware of the problem. It must have been almost a month before we were notified of the recall. That is a long time when you consider we had to call every Dr. who's patient had a Fetal screen done using that lot #. Offer to do repeat testing if it was soon enough and if not do free antibody screenings. This didn't make the blood bank look good. One Dr. blamed us for the recall. It was just ugly. During this entire time I never saw an Ortho rep. not even an e-mail. So unless Ortho gives us their kits I can't see us using them.

Sorry for venting