Biotest reagents

jmatt

I have not used Biotest. I have used some Monoclonal antisera from Hemobiosciences(formerly Albabioscience). They are wonderful. I have purchased the Anti-E and anti-c. Their prices are great. Plus their reagents are all 1 drop, 1 phase reading. I will be buying my blood grouping and Rh antisera from them as soon as my inventory from Ortho is gone.

Here is a recent ad I received from them and some contact info:

Geoff Hannigan

Dir .Sales & Marketing

Hemo Bioscience Inc

801 Capitola Drive Suite 9

Durham, NC. 27713

T 919-313-2888

F 919-313- 2894

g.hannigan@hemobioscience.com

www.hemobioscience.com

post-320-13664189652018_thumb.jpg

We've done some work comparing Biotest antisera vs. Ortho and Immucor reagents. Most of them are comparable. Their anti-e seemed to react better than Ortho, but the same as Immucor (same clones). What is attractive about it is that it is only 5 min incubation (like Ortho) as opposed to 15 minute (like Immucor). Anti-S was attractive from the perspective that their monoclonal anti-S is 5 min incubate, spin and read (no AHG). All pricing information I got from BioTest is consistent or a little better than Ortho/Immucor. It is our plan to switch all Rh reagents to BioTest, Anti-S, and perhaps also Kell's and Kidd's if I can work with them to get the pricing right.

The techs did not like their Anti-M and Anti-N as it is 30 min RT incubation, then read (no centrifugation).

We have been using the Biotest reagent for approximately 4 months. We have not had any issues. We are currently using Biotest for ABO, Rh, Reverse Cells, Screening Cells, Modified LISS, AHG, Coombs Cells, and their available antisera. All have compared well with our previous reagent vendors. And the tube results correlate well with the TANGO results.

Hello,

in our lab we using Biotest Seraclone reagents and they are great. We also using Millipore reagents (monoclonal), they are also simple to use and you have results

in 5 - 15 minutes.

Have a beautiful day on the last day of this year and all the best to all!

Sassa

Hi,

There are many new Biotest users across the country now. Biotest has been a blood bank company for over 60 years and was the first in the world to have a commercially available Anti-D. 13 of the 20 monoclonals are new clones to the U.S.

If you let me know what state your in I would be happy to see if I can send you a reference.

Hi,

There are many new Biotest users across the country now. Biotest has been a blood bank company for over 60 years and was the first in the world to have a commercially available Anti-D. 13 of the 20 monoclonals are new clones to the U.S.

If you let me know what state your in I would be happy to see if I can send you a reference.

Hello,

I think it's great to help potential customers out, I'd like to ask that you please contact each other through email or the private message system. I do not want advertising in the forums, and appreciate your understanding.

• 5 months later...

Is anyone using Biotest's ABO+Rh Seraclone Control with all of their typings? Their insert states "A negative control should be performed on samples tesitng positive with Anti-A, Anti-B and Anti-D."

The thought of going back to having to run a control with every typing...units and patients makes me crazy!

To satisfy the statement, "A negative control should be performed on samples testing positive with Anti-A, Anti-B and Anti-D", we simply run a tube containing albumin as negative control for all AB Positive patients. Actually, we were doing this same control tube with our previous vendor, who did not state the need to process the extra control. I guess we are trying to weed out any patients with non-specific agglutination (cold).

This has not been a big hassle since we process 95% of our workload on the Tango.

Hi,

I'm the Technical Services Manager at Biotest in the US.

The intent of the statement in the product insert is not to have you test every sample with the control. It's intended that if you have an ABPOS interpretation (positive with Anti-A, Anti-B AND Anti-D) that you would test with the control.

This is done because you have no negative reaction and therefore the agglutination in all tubes could be caused by something other than a reaction with the antisera - i.e. a positive DAT, cold agglutinin etc.

IF we can help you with any other questions, please contact our tech support line at 800.522.0090 and dial 3. You will be directed to a Biotest employee who is a blood banker familiar with our products and their intended use.

I hope this information turns your frown into a smile!

Joy Thomsen

• 2 years later...