pick up slip

Eagle Eye

We have a pick up slip that includes the patients name, medical record number, the product required (and how many if applicable) and the signature of the RN or MD administering it. I don't have a copy of the slip itself to share. The floors often run out and we often just have them use a patient label with the patients information on a blank sheet with the rest of the information handwritten on the slip.

We use a piece of paper with the patient's ID sticker on it with the additional information of product, quantity, and Hollister Ident-a Band Number hand written on it.

We do have an actual form for Surgery that allows us to track Autologous/Directed units usage.

We recently put a mandatory requirement in place to present with the pick up slip for all products. It has the patient's MRN and name, component needed, quantity, and nurse's signature.

We had a "verbal miscommunication" about plasma vs platelets which casused us to do a root cause analysis on the issue. We no longer accept verbal orders unless it is a life threatening situation.

I don't have an electronic copy, but I can fax you a copy if you send me your fax number.

We require a slip with the patients minimum name and medical record number and a faxed give orderor a copy of the give orders when the come to pick up the product. The slips a the same blamk slips the floors use when the lab's IS goes down.. We are changing our BB computer systems so we are thinking about changing our checkout procedure requiring more info when we isssue.

Hi Mary,

A member contacted me and asked if you could send it to them. Understandbly they do not want to post their fax number here.

Could you please go to the User CP and set either the option to allow members to email you or private message you to yes?

I have reset my privacy options. I can receive email now.