Provue vs Wadiana

Darren

Has anyone migrated from Provue to the Wadiana? I was wondering if they improved the software and interface. I find both of those things on the Provue to be pretty lacking. Of course the Provue is going bye bye as it's replaced by the Vision, but I can't imagine Grifols just slapping their name on it and painting a part of it blue without updating that dated software.

One antibody panel? I had wondered if Ortho reagents would work on it. I don't see why not, but then business doesn't like to make life easy for customers so I doubt it. I've emailed Grifols for info and contacted Meditech about whether they've interfaced one. They haven't so far. I just wondered if it would transmit crossmatches across the interface. I find it very frustrating that the Provue interface with meditech doesn't. i never heard a reason why it doesn't.

The Grifols cards look interesting and it kind of looks like they only use one diluent, but I don't know. Their website is a tad slim on details or I'm looking in the wrong place.

• 1 month later...

The software is pretty much the same between the Provue and WADiana.

Grifols has a 2nd panel now-not dramatically different, but different donors.

Ortho red cells are scratchy in Grifols Gel, but I've heard Immucor cells work in Grifols Gel.

I like the WADiana, but their Erytra is cool too.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:56 PM, Dansket said:

At this point in time, there is only one panel available for Wadiana.  The software (and the gel cards ) is quite different   I would ask for a demo from Grifols.

There are now 2 Grifols panels available.

Brenda Hutson, MT(ASCP)SBB

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:57 PM, Darren said:

One antibody panel? I had wondered if Ortho reagents would work on it. I don't see why not, but then business doesn't like to make life easy for customers so I doubt it. I've emailed Grifols for info and contacted Meditech about whether they've interfaced one. They haven't so far. I just wondered if it would transmit crossmatches across the interface. I find it very frustrating that the Provue interface with meditech doesn't. i never heard a reason why it doesn't.

The Grifols cards look interesting and it kind of looks like they only use one diluent, but I don't know. Their website is a tad slim on details or I'm looking in the wrong place.

Cannot use Ortho Panels with Grifols GEL Cards.

12 hours ago, MOBB said:

The software is pretty much the same between the Provue and WADiana.

Grifols has a 2nd panel now-not dramatically different, but different donors.

Ortho red cells are scratchy in Grifols Gel, but I've heard Immucor cells work in Grifols Gel.

I like the WADiana, but their Erytra is cool too.

Was told the Wadiana is basically the ProVue (which is what we were switching out).....so we upgraded to the Erytra.

4 hours ago, Brenda Hutson said:

Was told the Wadiana is basically the ProVue (which is what we were switching out).....so we upgraded to the Erytra.

It is-same limitations but still an awesome analyzer. Grifols made the ProVue. They sold it in Europe as the WADiana and sold the rights to Ortho to sell in the US.

How do you like your Erytra? Are you just doing T&S, XMs and panels? We validated weak D in their IgG cards and was thinking of validating it on the analyzer.

Right, that is why I am thinking the Wadiana is similar to the ProVue.....but the Wadiana (made by Grifols) was sold in Europe whereas the ProVue (made by Grifols) was sold in the U.S.

We like the Erytra.  Definitely offers a lot more than the ProVue.  It is clearly geared for large volume institutions (which we are not), but we just liked it better than the Vision so we went with it.  One of the nice things about it is that if something breaks, you have at least 1 more of that part so you can keep limping along until Service can get there.  The only exception to that is the gripper (only 1).  But there are:

1. 4 Incubators
  2. 2 Centrifuges
  3. 2 Probes
  4. 2 Reagent Drawers (both with an agitator rack section and a non-agitator rack section)
  5. 2 Reagent Waste Drawers

Also geared for large volume in that it can hold 8L each of Solutions A & B.  Card Waste can hold 400 cards.  Each Reagent Waste Container holds 8L.  Can test up to 96 specimens at a time.  Holds 350 cards (card racks are double-decker).

Currently, we are performing Type and Screens, IgG DATs and I.S. and AHG Crossmatches (we do not perform Electronic XM yet).  We have it set up for Cord Specimens (L&D is supposed to switch to EDTA; but also need to see how well they mix them and whether we can sufficiently remove any clots and actually run it on Erytra; but it is "supposed" to be able to test Cord Specimens), and Antibody ID.  Not running Antibody ID until I can do some parallel studies with manual gel panels.  Not sure what you mean by "validated Weak D?"  The analyzer is programmed to give us a warning that we have to review for ANY reactions <2+, including Weak D.  That was at our request.  We don't happen to have any Weak D specimens sitting around to specifically test.  This is something you request as an Institution.  But the Erytra is programmed for everyone to bring up an Icon for any Positive DAT.  We then also had it programmed to let us know about any incompatible crossmatches.  Yes, they will show up as incompatible....but just wanted them to "stand out."  Thought about doing that for Antibody Screens also but then realized it would flag all of our Reagent QC.  Again, just wanting problematic reactions to really stand out (there is so much on that touchscreen so anything you can do to make it easier......).