CAP TRM.30866 Service Agreement

Steve Feller

Ours has sections for the following:

Accreditation

Staffing - minimum staff available, on-call, etc.

Testing Menu - including tests that can be sent to reference lab

Turn Around Time -- refers to a different policy

Critical Values

Blood Suppliers - outlines what is available, how far away they are, etc.

Blood Inventory - available and available upon special request

Delays in Provision of Blood Products or Services - what might cause a delay, what we do if there is a delay in testing

Transportation of Blood Products - outlines how we issue blood, includes info about coolers

Blood Administration - refers to a housewide policy

Consultation - how to contact blood bank for consultation with pathologist or our blood supplier's medical director.

On 2/5/2016 at 10:30 AM, Teristella said:

Ours has sections for the following:

Accreditation

Staffing - minimum staff available, on-call, etc.

Testing Menu - including tests that can be sent to reference lab

Turn Around Time -- refers to a different policy

Critical Values

Blood Suppliers - outlines what is available, how far away they are, etc.

Blood Inventory - available and available upon special request

Delays in Provision of Blood Products or Services - what might cause a delay, what we do if there is a delay in testing

Transportation of Blood Products - outlines how we issue blood, includes info about coolers

Blood Administration - refers to a housewide policy

Consultation - how to contact blood bank for consultation with pathologist or our blood supplier's medical director.

Nice inclusions. You got some I didn't think of - think I'll poach some of your ideas.

I wrote a policy that had the different types of orders the physicians might order and a brief description of each type, e.g. DAT, RBC request, CMV negative, Miscarriage workup,etc. How we expect the specimens to be labeled and signed. How they should be signed during a downtime when things fall apart and why specimens are rejected. I also included the amount of time until products or tests would be ready and I was very liberal with the time. I pretty much doubled the usual time so they would not hold the time against us. I included what forms are required to dispense blood products, who transports what to where, etc

I tried to cover anything that a nurse or physician would have a question about. I had the Lab Director and the CMO sign. It was posted online for all personnel to view.