publications

Bb_in_the_rain

These days, very few interesting cases get published in peer reviewed journals (unfortunately), with the possible exception of Immunohematology.

You may have more luck if you do a poster for your local Blood Transfusion Society Meetings. By that, I mean something like an AABB or BBTS meeting (I don't know in which country you reside), so it is rather difficult to comment more.

I am located in California and work in a transfusion service with a big population of stem cells transplants. What captured my interest is that I had an Rhpos patient receiving Rh neg HPC and developed Anti-D right before blood type changed to Rh neg. I found out that passenger lymphocytes response against patient's red cells while engrafting. I also found a couple of articles about rh neg pt receiving rh pos hpc that does not produce anti D due to chemo. My interest is to look through Rh pos pt that received rh neg HPC to see how many has produced anti D. We also has patients producing warm auto and other allo antibodies post transplant despites immunosuppressant and chemo that they are receiving. Makes me wonder why...

We also has patients producing warm auto and other allo antibodies post transplant despites immunosuppressant and chemo that they are receiving. Makes me wonder why...

I agree. We have seen a lot of those...........and I don't know why either!

Unless, of course, the transplanted immune system goes into a sulk because it isn't allowed to attack the host's tissue antigens and thinks, "Blow this, if I'm not allowed to do that, I'm going to make awkward red cell antibodies instead"!!!!!!

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Edited by Malcolm Needs