LOINC Codes

We are in the process of tagging our lab tests with LOINC codes. My cohort at our affiliate and I found most of the appropriate blood bank codes but struck out finding codes for:

Crossmatch (!)

Antibody Titer

Pathologist Interpretation of Transfusion Reaction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Phil

Yes, we're using the website (and what a few neighboring hospitals have found). One wonders who created these codes; is there a blood banker out there who'll take credit for: "Bombay Ag [Presence] on Red Blood Cells from Blood product unit" or "A2 Ab [Titer] in Serum or Plasma"? Huh? The infamous Bombay antigen and anti-A2.................These really belong in the "Just for fun" thread!

You can go to LOINC.org and download a copy of the code database (which I just did). It's an Access database. If you click on LOINC:Table, right click on Class, Sort A to Z, all the BB codes are now grouped together. You can also search the database from the LOINC site. (At one point stumbling through the site I found the BB codes grouped together, but couldn't find that again so I downloaded the database.) Here's what we have so far:

ABO/Rh 882-1

Ab Screen 890-4

Ab ID 888-8

Eluate 34477-0

DAT Poly 1007-4

DAT IgG 55776-9

DAT C3 1004-1

Transfusion rxn interp 14924-5

LOINC = Laughably Organized Idiotic Nomenclature Crap.

It's been around for a while, it's an effort to standardize lab results and other "observations" on a nation-wide level. Check out wikepedia. There is some impetus to standardize codes for electronic medical records, but I think the real push is that some 3rd party payers are going to reimburse on the LOINC codes rather than CPT or other codes.