Incompatible crossmatch due to warm auto or htla

jalomahe

• 1 year later...
Just curious... When a patient has a 'probable HTLA' is it necessary to provide phenotypically matched units? Even when clinically significant antibodies are ruled out?

What do you meen with "probeble HTLA", is that only weak reactions and a high titer, or do yo have more info.

If most allo's are ruled out then we would only select for RhCcEe and K compatible.

Peter

I am curious what proportion of us have some way of documenting the doctor's notification of the need to or responsibility for giving incompatible blood in the presence of autoantibodies so I am going to try to post a poll in the poll section. Please vote--even all of you that usually just lurk and don't usually post. :)

Yes 'Probable htla' as in weak reactions with a high titer and everything has been ruled out. And phenotypically matched for Rh's, K, Fy's, Kidds, MNSs. I think it's a bit overkill but I'm curious to know what other institutions routinely do.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an older topic, but here is a copy of our high risk/emergency release form.  When it is emergency release for the ED, we are not as picky about getting it back, usually give it a day.  When we know there is a problem with a warm autoantibody or non antigen typed units for an antibody patient we require the form be signed before issuing any units.       HIGH RISK TRANSFUSION & EMERGENCY RELEASE FORM.doc

I know this is an older topic, but here is a copy of our high risk/emergency release form.  When it is emergency release for the ED, we are not as picky about getting it back, usually give it a day.  When we know there is a problem with a warm autoantibody or non antigen typed units for an antibody patient we require the form be signed before issuing any units.       HIGH RISK TRANSFUSION & EMERGENCY RELEASE FORM.doc