Go though radiation room

Our radiation machine is in a walled room under stairs going to 1st floor. Back area of the room, separated by a wall, is used as a mini store. The door of the room is in the radiation room, with enough way to walk. It is ending area, and a person can not stand straight in the store, have to bent little, but we can work, Daily just 2-4 times needs to go to the room.

Is it objection able by TJC, CAP, AABB, or EPA.

Thanks

In the CAP General Lab checklist, GEN.70816 addresses ergomomics to prevent musculoskeletal disorders. Whether short and sporadic use could constitute a hazard is a matter of opinion.

Reminder to all USA posters.

The NRC has monitored this site in the past and requested that I edit posts that provide security information about USA irradiators.

Please do not post information about the security of your irradiator - it is not allowed by law, and it is not allowed here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Reminder to all USA posters.

The NRC has monitored this site in the past and requested that I edit posts that provide security information about USA irradiators.

Please do not post information about the security of your irradiator - it is not allowed by law, and it is not allowed here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry Clif, My question is not about security, Is it? I shall be careful in future.

Sorry, I brought up the issue of security. I don't know how it is handled in your country. My intent was not to elicit details, but to suggest that it is good to have a process to ensure that what you want to happen is actually what happens. You say no one enters during use of the device. Is there a process to ensure that no one enters? Does the process work? The organizations you mentioned are not the ones who track security of radiation sources and are unlikely to cite you on that issue. That is not to say that others would not be interested in your security, since cesium stolen from your irradiator could end up elsewhere (just as ours could). Everyone would like the cesium to stay where it belongs.

:redface::redface::redface::redface::redface::redface:

Sorry, I saw the reference to AABB so thought he was here in the USA.

I am not in USA, but here our hospital is getting USA accreditations, Like Moc serve for JCI in June and final in Nov 2011, and soon there is CAP and mostly AABB, also. So we are changing our facility according to AABB/CAP/CLIA requirements.

Mohammad,

I have worked at two different blood banks that had Irradiators for use. These blood bank's monitored for irradiation exposure two different ways using the same device, an irradiation detection pin or patch. One blood bank simply kept one of these pins inside the Irradiation Room and checked for changes to the pin at a regular time interval (I don't remember what that interval was) with periodic replacement. The other blood bank had staff issued pins which were monitored and replaced, again, with regular time intervals. I don't know if you were looking for this type of information in your thread but I hope it helps just the same.:)

Mohammad,

I have worked at two different blood banks that had Irradiators for use. These blood bank's monitored for irradiation exposure two different ways using the same device, an irradiation detection pin or patch. One blood bank simply kept one of these pins inside the Irradiation Room and checked for changes to the pin at a regular time interval (I don't remember what that interval was) with periodic replacement. The other blood bank had staff issued pins which were monitored and replaced, again, with regular time intervals. I don't know if you were looking for this type of information in your thread but I hope it helps just the same.:)

Thanks