C-Section and the age of the pRBCs

Liz

haha: not yet, but one requirement states: does "A policy and procedure exist for blood and blood products utilized during caesarian section and open heart surgery. This is a French inspection.

I was just wondering what they mean, is it the age, or what?

I really cannot imagine what they mean.

I think we have been internationally inspected by now, including Australia, etc... I went to the EU policies but did not find anything.

Thanks for your thoughts. Do we have French members? guests?

haha: not yet, but one requirement states: does "A policy and procedure exist for blood and blood products utilized during caesarian section and open heart surgery. This is a French inspection.

I was just wondering what they mean, is it the age, or what?

Could this be a requirement to demonstrate that a policy exists for high risk procedures- and should cover caesarians and Heart ops?

Number of units on standby or group and hold only (maximum blood ordering schedule)

Are fresh (ish) units used for the heart ops or not?

K- / CMV- for C/sections?

Does the policy cover all clinical/lab staff actions in the event of a major obstetric haemorrhage/ massive blood loss event?

Why not directly ask the inspectorate what they expect sites to have available- much easier then speculating.

Liz, I'm curious. Where are you and why all the international inspections?:bonk::bonk:

John, the Ministry of public Health chooses different agencies at each inspection, and they come from different areas on the globe.

The great news is that we will now put down our checklist and they will use it for the country, of course this is a task for several years to come.

Could this be a requirement to demonstrate that a policy exists for high risk procedures- and should cover caesarians and Heart ops?

Number of units on standby or group and hold only (maximum blood ordering schedule)

Are fresh (ish) units used for the heart ops or not?

K- / CMV- for C/sections?

Does the policy cover all clinical/lab staff actions in the event of a major obstetric haemorrhage/ massive blood loss event?

Why not directly ask the inspectorate what they expect sites to have available- much easier then speculating.

Malcolm is right Rashmi they will not tell us and probably becase they dont know why it was put there age ago. and i certainly dont want to draw their attention to it.

:)