Hello from NY

merky125

Hi, my name is Heather. I am a generalist at Stratton VAMC in Albany NY. My preference is blood bank and hematology and hopefully as soon as the VA unfreezes our open positions I will be able to move into blood bank full time. I have been lurking for a few months and have found this website very educational.

Welcome to Blood Bank Talk, Heather. ("Heather" and "merky" don't go together!)

Glad you have found BBT, and, yes, it can be very interesting and educational. Looking forward to you posting and joining our "conversations."

Donna

Hi Heather,

Good to have you join us! BBT is certainly educational, and we are all learning from it continually. It's amazing how much you can learn from others just by asking questions and sharing your concerns, views and opinions on various topics.

Ah, Albany, my old stomping grounds...I got my MT degree at Albany College of Pharmacy right around the corner and worked at the Albany VA briefly after graduating. Welcome aboard, and best wishes for securing a position in the Blood Bank (the BEST place in the Lab to work).