Hello from AZ!

NekkoWafer

Just wanted to drop a hello to everyone! I'm a relatively new blood banker and just browsing through these forums is making my head spin already. I worked for a year and a half in a hospital lab, and just started with ARC as a reference technologist this month. It's nice to have somewhere to come browse all these topics that are still new to me. If I ever respond to anything with a wrong answer, you can blame miss jcdayaz since she's the one who trained me from the ground up at the hopsital :P

Just wanted to drop a hello to everyone! I'm a relatively new blood banker and just browsing through these forums is making my head spin already. I worked for a year and a half in a hospital lab, and just started with ARC as a reference technologist this month. It's nice to have somewhere to come browse all these topics that are still new to me. If I ever respond to anything with a wrong answer, you can blame miss jcdayaz since she's the one who trained me from the ground up at the hopsital :P

Hi Emily and welcome.

You will learn an awful lot from this site (I think I can safely say that we all have).

Never, never be afraid to be wrong, but always be petrified to not admit that there is something you do not know. Nobody, but nobody knows everything, but the fool always finds it difficult to admit this.

If you have had the honour of being taught by jcdayaz, from what I have read of her posts, you have had an excellent start in your professional life.

Post away, and have no worries about making a fool of yourself; I make a fool of my self on a regular basis!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh I can safely say jcday az (or Jean) has taught me tons. She was one of my inspirations for wanting to specialize and persue my SBB. I can safely say there is a ton I don't know about blood banking, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Hell, I'm only 23 so I think I'm doing pretty good so far. I am one of those people who wants to know EVERYTHING though, so I will be doing some poking and prodding. I've already learned a ton in my week of being a reference tech. I'm very excited to be going after a profession I love, so don't be surprised if any of you get private messages from me trying to pick your brain.

Oh I can safely say jcday az (or Jean) has taught me tons. She was one of my inspirations for wanting to specialize and persue my SBB. I can safely say there is a ton I don't know about blood banking, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Hell, I'm only 23 so I think I'm doing pretty good so far. I am one of those people who wants to know EVERYTHING though, so I will be doing some poking and prodding. I've already learned a ton in my week of being a reference tech. I'm very excited to be going after a profession I love, so don't be surprised if any of you get private messages from me trying to pick your brain.

Seriously, Emily, giving out my real name, huh! And trying to ruin my reputation by blaming me for your potential wrong posts? :)

You will eventually go far in this profession. Very far indeed. It takes time and experience. With every new "case" you encounter you will learn tons!

Your brain is amazing!! Teaching you was a joy!!

Hi Emily and welcome.

You will learn an awful lot from this site (I think I can safely say that we all have).

Never, never be afraid to be wrong, but always be petrified to not admit that there is something you do not know. Nobody, but nobody knows everything, but the fool always finds it difficult to admit this.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes, indeed. It is the true fools among us that think they know it all and won't ask for opinions/help/whatever when they should. We all seem to know quite a bit...but there is an enormous amount we don't know. I suspect there always will be. Blood Bank is such a relatively new science.

I am humbled on an almost daily basis by new information I stumble upon.