Transfusion Manager

Mini Me

Hi Everyone

Have any of your institute has implemented transfusion manager. Our institition is going to implement it

in a near by future. So does that eliminate having blood bank ID band or not. I would like to know more about this prodct and what every one thinks about it.

Thanks

Mini Me

:)

Do you mean the Sunquest bedside scanning application? They have Collection Manager for bedside patient ID and printing of sample labels and Transfusion Manager for bedside scanning of the patient and unit prior to transfusion and electronic documentation of the transfusion itself. Most other BB systems have similar applications.

These two applications together should eliminate the need for a separate Blood Bank ID band. What is scanned is the medical record number on the patient's hospital ID band. I prefer to have one system and enforce its proper use. In my opinion, keeping the BB ID band would take some of the focus away from the electronic system.

What are you talking about? Is this a computer system/program? I am unfamiliar with this terminology.

Gosh David, I'm glad it's not just me!

I assumed that it was the great divide between our common language that meant I didn't understand the question. I assumed that it was a question simply everyone on "your side of the pond" would understand, and that it was the fact that I live "this side of the pond" that meant I hadn't a clue what was being asked!!!!!!!!!

:confused::confused::):):redface::redface:

I've seen a demo of transfusion manager and though you won't need a specific "blood bank ID" band, the patient will need to be armbanded with a band containing a barcode that is read by the "transfusion manager device". We just started using Collection Manager and are experiencing some mild, but annoying problems. We have not made a decision on whether to seriously pursue implimentation of Transfusion Manager.