Hi from India...

Guest jatin.chaudhari

Guest jatin.chaudhari

Hi everyone,

I am a Dental Graduate from New Delhi, India. I have practiced as a dentist for about 6 months after my graduation. Currently I am working as a Business Analyst with a small software company hoping to make it big in the healthcare IT. I am working on the software we are building for Blood Bank Automation. So please chip in with your advice regarding the features we should not miss in our software considering the competition in this field. Thanks.

Hello Jatin, nice to have you on the forum. You could start a thread asking folk for a 'wish list' of what they would like their ideal BB computer system to do or have.

Jatin, having just gone live with a BB software system last fall here's my wish list:

Easy to navigate, especially for techs who are not dedicated Blood Bankers.

Hard stops at any patient safety/critical step, i.e. you absolutely CANNOT issue a unit of A blood to a group O person.

Have your programmers work hand in hand with the Blood Bankers. There are several things in our new system that as a blood banker, I know a programmer wrote. We don't think the same.

Interface to automated analyzers must be bidirectional and not a nightmare to troubleshoot.

Screens and worksheets need to be very customizible so each site can build their screens to parallel their workflow.

Provide exceptional support during build and validation, get back to your customers within 24 hours when they are building, this is a very stressful, busy time.

Data conversion is a big thing, we as blood bankers want to see what went on with a patient in the old system and not have to hunt all over the place to find it.

Thanks for listening, good luck and I hope you make it big!!

Guest jatin.chaudhari

Thanks Likewine for your useful input. I will keep these things in mind.:)