RhIG dose with pos FESC and neg K-B

Mabel Adams

With pos rosette test and neg KB does your facility:  

57 members have voted

1. 1. With pos rosette test and neg KB does your facility:

• Give one dose of RhIG
    • Give two doses of RhIG
    • Other, please describe

We have had a policy to give 2 doses of RhIG if we get a pos Fetalscreen but find no fetal cells on the Kleihauer. I can't find any reference for why we started to do this before I came. Does anyone else do this? If so, do you know why?

This is more of an issue since there have been more apparent false positives with the Immucor Fetal screening test this past year.

In my recent past a positive screen resulted in a single dose of RhIG and a Flow Cytometry test for quantification. Any additional doses was based solely upon the flow results. I'm not sure how you would justify additional doses based simply on a positive screen. It was rare, about once per year, that the flow cytometry indicated an additional dose beyond the one we gave initially.

:faint:

This idea of adding one syringe came about because until recently most Rh Immune Globulins dose on their PI read as approximately 300mcg.. This idea was reinforced when several products had a recall for insufficient dosing. In some cases the amount of Anti-D in a syringe could be as low as 234mcg.