Blood Transfusion Audits

Liz,

Send me your email and I will send you our checklists. They specifically address ISO15189, and EU Drective on traceability and haemovigilance but I am sure you would find useful stuff in it. I use a vertical units audit and a specimen trace audit, but could send both if you are interested.

Regards, W Eoin

• 8 months later...

Hi Eoin,

I know you posted this message ages ago- but would you be able to send me a copy of your checklists too. Due for MHRA re-inspection soon!

Many Thanks

Rashmi

Edited by Cliff
Email address removed by admin

Eoin, it souns like your audit checklists are popular. I too would like to get a copy. It would serve as a guideline to help me update our process. Thanks!

Edited by Cliff

I will be happy to share our checklist with anyone who would like a copy.

We added the requirement that we check all shifts (day, evening, and night) at least once per month and we now require the nurse manager to forward a copy of the transfusionist's training records to us following audit. This helps us ensure that nursing training is documented and ongoing to meet regulatory requirements. AABB has some checklists listed on their best practice website also.

Does anyone have a tool to audit the blood bank end of things that you would be willing to share?

Edited by Cliff

The hospital implemented Isensix temperature monitoring system and I was given the responsibiliy of validating the system -Is anyone willing to share validation protocols, or any information ? I will appreciate any type of guidance.

Edited by Cliff