For those of you treating cells with DTT for patients taking daratumumab/darzalex: Have you come across a positive autocontrol, with treated and untreated cells? 

Currently, patient on DARA: initial screen-panagglutinin, auto-positive.

Testing with treated cells: screen-negative, auto-positive.

QC-valid (testing Kpos and Epos cell) antigen typing for K-neg, E-pos

I have been unable to find any research with this information.  We are currently in the process of validating DTT treatment. 

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thank you

first of all, i have not done this test before.my opinion is just  from my understanding of the threats i read before, just to express myself, myabe and most likely it is not right. the auto control is the reaction of patient's cells with its own plasma, the DTT treatment is for the screening cells, if i understand it rightly. so the DTT does not do anything to the autocells.:)

16 hours ago, kris6026 said:

For those of you treating cells with DTT for patients taking daratumumab/darzalex: Have you come across a positive autocontrol, with treated and untreated cells? 

Currently, patient on DARA: initial screen-panagglutinin, auto-positive.

Testing with treated cells: screen-negative, auto-positive.

QC-valid (testing Kpos and Epos cell) antigen typing for K-neg, E-pos

I have been unable to find any research with this information.  We are currently in the process of validating DTT treatment. 

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thank you

Based on your initial screen, it appears that the patient's cells are probably already coated with antibody (DAT-positive). Unless you are DTT-treating the patient's cells - not typically part of the testing protocol - they will remain DAT-positive and therefore reactive in the second series of tests using the DTT-treated screening cells.