What is the ISBT code for thawed FP24?  We just recently started getting it and I'm having trouble finding the thaw code.  I know the frozen code is E2619.  FOUND IT!

Thanks,

Mari

Edited by mollyredone
found it!

The thawed code we are using for E2619 is E2737; this is from CP2D whole blood.  You may also need these:

Plasma, fz within 24 hours, from CPD = E2555 (frozen) and E2701 (thawed)

Plasma, fz within 24 hours from CPDA-1 = E2587 (frozen) and E2719 (thawed)

We use the same codes as above. We also have codes for apheresis plasma, frozen within 24 hours,

These are all in our current inventory

E7644 E2121  ACD-A

E7648 E5548 ACD-A

E7646 E5548 ACD-A

E7650 E5550 ACD-A

E2619 E2737 PLASMA CPD

On 5/12/2017 at 6:34 AM, Townsend said:

The thawed code we are using for E2619 is E2737; this is from CP2D whole blood.  You may also need these:

Plasma, fz within 24 hours, from CPD = E2555 (frozen) and E2701 (thawed)

Plasma, fz within 24 hours from CPDA-1 = E2587 (frozen) and E2719 (thawed)

Now my problem is that it only allows a 24 hour expiration, and we make all our thawed plasma into 5 days from the start.  I'm not a whiz on Hematrax.  Thanks!

You will need to edit your table that deals with product modifications.  Change the outdate from 24H to 120H.

This will make it 5 days from the start.

This is how we do ours. :)

We just switched over to using thawed plasma - 5 day exp.

I changed my outdate to 120H - but it expires them at midnight - which brings it past the thaw time by several hours, so technically it is 5 days + some hours expired.

Is there a way to make it reflect the time of thaw as expiration and not midnight? Does it matter?? Am I being too literal?? lol

thanks for any insight

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By IT Analyst
      Hi, Epic recently published support for the ISBT Compound Barcode in their Blood Administration Module.  Is anyone hearing of any plans of blood suppliers moving to this anytime soon?  I found the attachment on the ICCBBA website, published in 2015.  Outside of that, I've not been able to find much info on it.

Thanks!
      P-004_Standardized-2D-Label-Design-for-Blood-Products-handout.pdf
    • By sunshine
      I just got a new ZT410 printer for 4x4 ISBT label. Has anyone used this printer? Please share the printer settings you are using. I need help adjusting font size and height. For those of you using ZM400 what are your settings? 
    • By sunshine
      I just got a new ZT410 printer for 4x4 ISBT label. Has anyone used this printer? Please share the printer settings you are using. I need help adjusting font size and height. For those of you using ZM400 what are your settings? 
    • By rcollins
      We're going to be going live with a new Meditech version (6.1) and we'll be starting to use TAR with barcode scanning.  This prompted my facility to buy a digi-trax printer so we can reprint labels when we make components.  Can anyone help me with this?  Should I buy 4x4 labels with DIN removed or can I get by using just the 4x2 (to label the bottom two quadrants)?  Also, shouldn't I retain our blood supplier's facility information on there?  We don't aliquot and we don't pool...we just make components.
      Thanks for your help.
      Becky
    • By TW411
      Hello,
      What/where are the requirements for the DIN label on a blood bag?  I have been told there is a specific size specified, but I am unable to find it.  I have looked through the iccbaa docs searching for a required size.  I know that it needs to be eye readable and scannable.  (I am not talking base label, but rather DIN that the donor area applies).
      I am asking as we at times have a smaller label placed on the donor collection bag (30mm vs 50mm) in the donor area and I have seen these discarded at times.  To me seems a bit wasteful especially if it is still eye readable and scannable, but if a requirement is there to follow, I will understand.  Just want to know where the requirement is.  And if there isn't one, I want our QA department to relax a bit

• Advertisement

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.