What are your thoughts on the upgrade?

Cliff

Dear Cliff

I found the theme shift.  Thank you.  I now have reindeers and bells but no snow (I presume the snow is supposed to fall, like it did in previous years???)  Or do you mean on the side with Santa pulling his sleigh - I do have that.  The birthdays changed too.  I now have a single list, as you say, down the side.  The replies thing relates to a previous mail - I WAS seeing replies, but you have already sorted that for me

11 minutes ago, galvania said:

Dear Cliff

I found the theme shift.  Thank you.  I now have reindeers and bells but no snow (I presume the snow is supposed to fall, like it did in previous years???)  Or do you mean on the side with Santa pulling his sleigh - I do have that.  The birthdays changed too.  I now have a single list, as you say, down the side.  The replies thing relates to a previous mail - I WAS seeing replies, but you have already sorted that for me

Phew, I'm glad the email issue was fixed, I apologize to anyone who got those.

You're using the Christmas Theme if you see a sleigh...  Try selecting Shift.  That is the one with the falling slow.

I can't get the search function to work from my PC at work--either on our ancient version of Internet Explorer or on Chrome.  I use Chrome at home and it works okay.  Also, everything loads really slowly at work.  I just realized that I might not have cleaned out my cookies and cache at work (assuming I don't need admin privileges to do that) so I will have to try that next.

6 hours ago, Mabel Adams said:

I can't get the search function to work from my PC at work--either on our ancient version of Internet Explorer or on Chrome.  I use Chrome at home and it works okay.  Also, everything loads really slowly at work.  I just realized that I might not have cleaned out my cookies and cache at work (assuming I don't need admin privileges to do that) so I will have to try that next.

Yes, clearing your cache should take care of that.  You should not need admin access.  As for IE, I suspect older version may give you trouble.

1 hour ago, galvania said:

Me again Cliff

Still no snow.  If I press 'shift' I even lose my reindeer.

But never mind.  I'm on holiday in a few hours and won't have any internet access.  By the time I get back the snow will have gone.  I'll survive!

Have a lovely Christmas

anna

Thank you, Happy Holidays to you too.
Yes, the Shift theme does not have reindeer.  Sorry, but it does have snow.  And it has surprises for other holidays too.

On 12/24/2015 at 3:20 AM, Cliff said:

Yes, clearing your cache should take care of that.  You should not need admin access.  As for IE, I suspect older version may give you trouble.

Thank you, Happy Holidays to you too.
Yes, the Shift theme does not have reindeer.  Sorry, but it does have snow.  And it has surprises for other holidays too.

Using Chrome at work after making sure cache & cookies cleared:

Nothing loads without hitting the refresh button at least once (at least within 30 sec).

I seemed to be seeing only old content (prior day and earlier).  I couldn’t see my post on this thread that I did at home the prior night (even though I had a notification flag that seemed to want to open the upgrade thread).

I couldn’t get the search function to work.  Sometimes it just searched forever and sometimes it told me there was nothing that matches.  Sometimes it would say there is a problem/contact us.

Clicking the “Reply to this Topic” button does nothing.

It also worked fine on my phone. :)

Chrome at home works fine, both on my PC laptop and my new Apple laptop.  Could my work have some sort of security stuff that is blocking it?  I will contact IT but thought I'd get any ideas from you first.

On 12/27/2015 at 9:06 PM, Mabel Adams said:

Could my work have some sort of security stuff that is blocking it?  I will contact IT but thought I'd get any ideas from you first.

Yes, that is very possible; however, it really sounds like a caching issue.  I'm sure you already tried this, but please try:

1. Log off of the site.
  2. Using Chrome, go to Settings.
  3. Go to "Clear browsing data...".
  4. Select everything and clear it.
  5. Close all open Chrome browsers.
  6. Re-open Chrome.
  7. Log in to site.

That should work, if it does not, I suspect work is blocking the site, or saving cookies from the site.

14 hours ago, Cliff said:

Yes, that is very possible; however, it really sounds like a caching issue.  I'm sure you already tried this, but please try:

1. Log off of the site.
  2. Using Chrome, go to Settings.
  3. Go to "Clear browsing data...".
  4. Select everything and clear it.
  5. Close all open Chrome browsers.
  6. Re-open Chrome.
  7. Log in to site.

That should work, if it does not, I suspect work is blocking the site, or saving cookies from the site.

I cleared only cache and cookies, not everything.  I will try what you suggest.