Echo Anti-D reagent

Lulu

• 3 months later...

Is there a chart somewhere which we can use to interpret RH results from Echo?

how to interpret RH with following results...Echo gave interpretation for first three ...

Eg. anti-D1 1+ and anti-D2 neg

anti-D1 2+ and anti-D2 1+

anti-D1  0*  and anti-D2 0

anti-D1  C  and anti-D2  C---in this case ABO RH type gave C for all wells...

Thank you in advance....

Thanks for reminding me that I was going to post some references. Here are just a couple articles I've compiled talking about Rh stuff.

• Denomme GA, Wagner FF, Fernandes BJ, et al. Partial D, weak D types, and novel RHD alleles among 33 864 multiethnic patients: implications for anti-D alloimmunization and prevention. Transfusion 2005; 45:1554–1560.
  • Flegel WA, Denomme GA, Yazer MH. On the complexity of D antigen typing: a handy decision tree in the age of molecular blood group diagnostics. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2007;29:746-52.
  • Flegel WA. How I manage donors and patients with a weak D phenotype. Curr Opin Hematol 2006;13:476–483
  • Flegel WA. Molecular genetics and clinical applications for RH. Transfusion and Apheresis Science 2011;44:81–91.
  • Sandler SG, Li W, Langeberg AL, Landy HJ. New Laboratory Procedures and Rh Blood Type Changes in a Pregnant Woman. Obstet Gynecol 2012;119:426–8.
  • Denomme GA, Dake LR, Vilensky D, Ramyar L, Judd WJ. Rh discrepancies caused by variable reactivity of partial and weak D types with different serologic techniques. Transfusion 2008; 48:473–478