blood bank presentation

Changezi

good morning all, i am assinge to present blood bank for all doctors and nursing staff of our hospital .

i have to give presentation which includ our work and trying to understand them about product and solve the most problem which we face some time with staff nurse and emergency situvation .

any contribution is appreciated .

thanks in advance .

You need to determine what problems are inherent in your institution regarding blood transfusions and then offer solutions based on 'good' blood banking policies - that seems to be a good place to start. You could then discuss what blood types are ABO compatible for transfusion - I don't know if you use only packed cells or if whole blood is available. Seems like good places to begin . . .

What products are used in your institution? There are lots of good information on administration of those on the web. That could be a good start.

A practical problem solving exercise of something that has caused a problem previously in the hospital may also be useful.

Another I have given focuses on the turnaround times for various situations (e.g. - routine no problems; emergency crossmatches; patients with antibodies; patients with the rarer blood groups, special needs patients (irradiated, washed cells etc) (telling them what may be used when necessary in an emergency).

We find generally clinical staff have a poor understanding of the time required to get compatible blood in the cases above. They get an appreciation of the problems that you face with critical patients with these problems.

Above all keep it in simple language. Technical terms will confuse them.

Good luck with it all.

Eoin

hay thanx , we got all here packed cell , single donor pletlet , FFP , cryo .

the most of the problem is which i have to explane is ,

1 = ordering STAT while in the system all ready some xm unit is available ( means not a real emergency transfusion)

2 = recive call to thawed FFP ( most from OT few from WARDS ) and not used . next day all goes to expire.

these are the major problem which i have to explain them and find them in a good way

Don't use Quick Reply - instead go to "+ Reply to Thread" - then the "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the box and you will see a paperclip symbol (to the right of the Smily Face top row of the toolbar) that allows you to attache files Riaz.

Cheers

Eoin

Edited by Eoin
correct mistake