[TD=class: xl22, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]0

[/TD]

[TD=class: xl22, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]0

[/TD]

[TD=class: xl22, bgcolor: transparent]3+

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

After washing with warm saline, the anti-A reaction become weaker. Antibody screen is negative. The patient have rouleaux reaction with his auto control. Patient: No trasnsfusion, no leukemia or bone marrow transplant, it it similar to what have mention as B(A) type that will react with the MHO4 clone of Anti-A reagent or AxB? What further test should I do in order to confirm it?

It that the anti-H have a 3+ strong reaction already suggest that it is a subgroup? Thank you for your help!

Edited by Sisi
Add new information

Sisi, in my lab , we do the anti-H parallel with 2 tube of B cells and 2 tube of O cells to see if the patient's H antigen is stronger or weaker.

I don't know if you see the anti-A reaction under microscope to confirm it is nor rouleaux. If the anti-B give 4+ reaction ,we will not do anti-AB test, because it can give 4+ ,too.

I will do adsorption and elution test to see if A antigen is here, and test the saliva blood group substance.:redface:

Thank you Shily,

The reaction with anti-H of 2 other B cells are weaker reaction, just weak positive and O-cell are 4+. So, I suspect it is subgroup. The reaction with anti-A is not rouleaux but very weak after washing with saline. Our lab does not perform neither the adsorption and elution test or saliva blood group. We usually send our cases to reference lab, but I want to ensure I have not miss any important step before that. Thanks a lot. :)

We do not washed the cells before typing. But since the auto control have rouleaux and anti-A reaction is weak positive. Therefore, further testing, I washed the cell three times with 37 saline to eliminate rouleaux formation and other non-specific cold antibodies. Would you perform this, washed with 37C saline or just saline for further confirmation? Moreover, I used 2 random group B patient serum to react with the patient cells, the results were negative. ? reactivity against the blue dye/ base of anti-A? But how to explain the much stronger reaction with anti-H than other normal group B? Thank you !:)

Sisi,I will wash the cells with saline 3 times before test, if there is auto-agglutination caused by cold antibody, I will wash it with 37 degree C saline to wash the cold antibody off.

If you wash the cells before test, I think free antibody such as anti-dye will be washed off, so I don't think it is anti-dye.

I prefer it is a subgroup. You select 2 random group B patient serum , because we don't know its titer, it will be weaker than our anti-A reagent, so the reaction with subgroup will be too weak to see.

It is my pleasure.

The H antigen of the patient is weaker then that of normal B cells, correct?

If that is the case it is strange, because until now you only have a problem with the A antigen but when the H antigen is weaker then normal B, there can be a problem with the B antigen.

Did you test group O cells (screening panel) at low temp to exclude other cold antibodies (maybe the reaction with the A cells is not due to anti A/A1 )?

Peter

Cold ab had been rule out by washing cells with 37 saline. Since our lab do not have A2 cell. I haven's done this. Thanks.

If you have A1 Lectin use it on your A group donor/ patient's cells. those that don't react are A2 cells. Use 3 A1 cells and 3 A2 cells to check the specificity of the anti-A antibody.