inexplicable reactions on Ortho VRA168 cells 8 & 10

Is anyone else getting reactions with cells 8 &/or 10 on Ortho 0.8% panel A exp. 5/29/12 that don't fit any antibody specificity? We have had two patients do this lately. One has anti-D but the other has no identifiable antibody and screen cell 1 was positive along with these panel cells. They are both listed as Bg neg. Neither patient reacts with cell 9 which is listed as Bg pos.

bbonnema, is there no other explanation for your reactions? Did screen cell 1 of their 0.8% 2 cell screen lot VS 542 react or did the patient have other antibodies? I tested one of my patients against an old panel cell labeled as Cob+ and it did not react so I doubt that these 2 cells are Cob+. We should probably report our findings to Ortho so they can recheck the Bg typing or otherwise further test these donors and possibly also the screen cell 1 donor.

We have the same lot number and I was just calling Ortho about cells #6 and #10. Waiting for a call back. We have had these cells pop on multiple patients with no specificity identified.

We have had two patients in the last week with reactions on cell 10 also. I called Ortho today. Guess what- no complaints on this on this cell/lot. Hard to believe! Thank you everyone for posting these issues!